MTW Stage 1 w/ stock fuel system

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Who's running this!? My stocker went out and my warranty, plus my cash, is getting a stage . Just curious how everyone is liking them!? About to have Atlas 80 FICM tune this week, with ECM rollback. Thinking of running Gearhead SRL X with new setup too. Any thoughts!?

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
jansan, powerstrokeracing is running a MTW stage 1 hyrbid (I think it's a stg 1) on stock fuel. pulls hard. runs really well.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I ran a fleece cheetah on the stock system for a while. It should be similar to the stage 1. I loved it. Very responsive and great for towing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sniper32

Reaction score
should be a good set up, but i have heard of a few issues (less boost and higher egts compared to the stocker) with the MTW turbos lately...dont know if its a select few or not, but just so you know.
Im interested in these turbos as well but some people are too good to answers pms about their turbos so.....................

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
should be a good set up, but i have heard of a few issues (less boost and higher egts compared to the stocker) with the MTW turbos lately...dont know if its a select few or not, but just so you know.
Im interested in these turbos as well but some people are too good to answers pms about their turbos so.....................

Too good or choosing not to answer??

dzldoctor

Reaction score

I thought it was just me. HUH

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I know there stage three made really good power, and was still able to tow comfortably. Are you going to stay with a stock fuel system or do you plan on bigger stix down the road. This may change your decision also

Sniper32

Reaction score
Too good or choosing not to answer??
Haha, not surecould be either but regardless it doesnt speak good for potential customer service...

What about the hybrid? Any feedback on stock fuel injectors?

Jasan from Holderdown is running the hybrid on a srock fuel system and is happy with it. Says it pulls hard up top and spools faster

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Wanted the Hybrid but it was an unexpected expense right now, ESP at Christmas time...ultimately I want 175/75s with stage 2 or comparable

Powerstrokeracing

Reaction score
I got the hybrid. Haven't really seen the full potential of it. Had 1 injector slowly dying since before the install. But so far I'm super happy with it. Spools nice, pulls harder than stock for sure. Ice towed with it a couple times and does good towing as well. I got it on a CCLB dually. Couple people that have rode in it noticed a difference from stock.

Hopefully putting it up with some 155/30 soon. As soon as I stud it.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Hopin to dyno this at LST 2013... Just got my PHP remote tuner in with ECM rollback as soon as I get the truck back from PSE. Then getting Gearheads tunes.

Superblazin

Reaction score

Last time I spoke to Adrian he had a full plate with family and Christmas duties over the holidays. Not making any excuses for the guy!

Have you tried calling him?

I don't like cross posting between forums. But here is a thread I was following on a gentleman with a stage 1 used for his trucking business with over 30,000 miles on it.
http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-...254096-towing-heavy-durastroke-stage-1-a.html

ajbond

Reaction score
Wow this is my third try to post... I have had the hybrid since Sept. and have struggled to get it to perform. I seems my early 05 has a problem with the Hybrid. It seem this senerio is rare and limited to the 05. Once my back pressure hits 33 the ecm will all but fully open the vgt and will not build the correct boost.

ajbond

Reaction score
I have mechanically fooled my ebp and I am able to adjust peak boost to my liking. I was only able to hit 27 peak and now can hit 34 psi, which is to much for my looney wild tune. 32 is perfect. I tow constantly, during the winter a 3 place enclosed and in the summer a 17k toy hauler. Vivian is working on a soution to my bp issues and has sent me a new looney file but with the snow on the groun and my trailer hooked up until April I can not test it. With my mod and Viv's aggtow file it pulls this load very well.
175/30 injectors will come in March which I am hoping will compiment this turbo well.

e.nickkk

Reaction score
I'm haviong the same issues with my 2005 how did you get it fixed plz let me know thanks

ajbond

Reaction score
what turbo are you running, mine did it to a lesser degree stock.

Reaction score
I'm running a stage 2 and 175/75s. It pulls hard all the way to red line. Spools like stock or better. This is on our 03 eclb 6spd on 35s. Very happy with it, going to a stage 3 to clean up the injectors here soon. Will report back when I get it.

Latest posts

Members online