Multiple mods questions

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The one programming option I've been thinking about getting is the Sniper : Special Forces Tuning Kit that allows you to program 2 different vehicles. It's an interface setup you can use with a laptop and create a custom tune or use a preprogrammed tune on the programmer as well. Any of you guys heard about it?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

we only push sponsor/vendors of this site here. dont know if sniper is or not, i haven't looked at the sponsor list lately.. but if you want a cheap good tune, get ahold of powerstruck on here... he sells singe and double tuned chips along with the multi position chips... his single tunes are cheap as hell and appear to be good as i havnt ran them myself.. but its one tune so you will have to decide if you want that tune to be a tow tune or a mild dd tune... also need to take all the resistors out of your truck that you diy'd... if you want a cheap 6 position chip, i ordered one from beans diesel for $285 shipped to the door for my brother... has stock, tow, dd, high idle, and no start... its tuned through NLTD and thats whos tunes i have on my dually... bad ass tunes for the price.. way better then any programmer like the edge junk.
live life full throttle

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
Or if you Dont care to blow it up. I've done that to a Honda B16' with base tunes where the guy told me he had a B18. He had a B18 head and a B16 block. Little different size cylinder with a turbo wastegated to 5 lbs and detonated. It was 5lbs on a built b18 engine, motor would've been fine. Too much air, compression and boom.
Trust me if you have seen a live data log from gearhead on a truck with 400/400s, basically a very hard injector to tune smooth, you would be amazed.

If you really want a little more power, ts chip and when your tranny goes out buy a bts. When your hpop goes out replace with an srp1.1, or whatever aftermarket you want to pay the money for. Dont think you can do it yourself ALL the time. For diy mods that actually make your truck run better go to guzzles7pt3. And look at his diy instructions. These will allow more efficiency, AND are very safe.

And remember you pay to play. Pay 5k to build a perfect stage 1 setup. Or advance/fool the timing with a resistor and pay 5k to have someone put a new motor in.
Or go spend 400 and put a ts chip in.

And quit mouthing off. People, especially me, hate it when someone comes in, does possible damage to their engine without researching or asking ANYONE about it and then starts acting high and mighty. Go ahead make 3500 in three days. Betcha my truck lasts longer...

Bigbondo007

Reaction score
I fell in love with the TS when I had my obs. I'd like to get the most torque I can with factory. Just wondering what would be my best option with low budget. Gotta go shopping for 3 kids soon and that's gonna eat up savings pretty quick. Had 42hrs overtime last week and uncle Sam took over 700 of it I was gonna use for the truck.

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
Personally, the cheapest truck is the most reliable. Stock=most reliable. People who take care of their trucks have gone to a million miles. Stock engine. Stock headgaskets, etc. You will be replacing supporting components. Tune it with one from a vendor, and slowly save your cash and replace/add components. In the 7.3 tech section there is a page of basic info to modding your truck. It is proven. People were tired of reposting the same thing over and over so there is now a link.
Some mods may not gain any torque or power, but quiet the idle like a regulated return.
In the long run you have longer living injectors. And it allows a more even fuel flow, so when you do get a chip, you actually have the supporting fuel supply so it doesn't work your injectors as hard. Injectors arent cheap.
Point being, listen. These trucks have been made since 94. I think that the inter web has allowed a mass of info, but before modding your truck next time, the worst you can do is to do so without asking, if you have any doubt. Its only called doing something stupid when you don't ask first. Everyone here is a resource. Dont forget that

Arisley

Reaction score
If you keep an eye on the classifieds, you can buy a used TS chip for a good price. Don't worry what tunes are on it. Although you might get lucky and get tunes for your truck. Just about any of the big tuners on here will be able to load custom tunes on your chip. Tuning is about the only thing on my truck that I have not done myself.

I built my fuel system with a used regulator that I got dirt cheap, some brake lines from O'Reilly's, and plumbing fittings from Home Depot. Couple cheap filter heads, couple of filters. Oh yeah, and a lot of time with some scrap metal building a filter bracket and with a tubing bender, custom bending brake lines into fuel lines.

Bigbondo007

Reaction score
From the bottom up I'd like to know what I need to do to get this baby pumping power.

I want enough HP to make the Kentucky Derby track team get an inferiority complex.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
From the bottom up I'd like to know what I need to do to get this baby pumping power.

I want enough HP to make the Kentucky Derby track team get an inferiority complex.

be easier if you told use what your plans or goals are and what you do with the truck.

280hp goal easy and cheaper

400hp couple grand

450-500hp a few more thousand than the 400hp mark due to supporting mods... and more mods as you go higher.

live life full throttle

Bigbondo007

Reaction score
Daily driver, and I wanna show out this 6.4 guy at work that won't keep his mouth shut. Every time he gets behind me he's just gotta pass me and smoke me out but at least I'm not the one pulling over and putting my radiator cap back on. He keeps blowing it of with a 450 tune. I just like to drag every now and then and waste some diesel fuel and rubber. But I wanna still be able to drag my 6 horse trailer.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
450 tune? or 350 tune maybe? a 6.4 with a 350 tune i think is around 550ish hp... you will need to spend some coin on a 7.3 to get it there and keep it reliable...

live life full throttle

Bigbondo007

Reaction score
I think I'm just gonna wait till he blows his engine and more of his grandpa's cash and then pull him home. What could I get with 2k

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
btw, if he keeps blowing his coolant cap, he'll be rebuilding it soon.. so you will be passing him in a stock 7.3 and laughing.

live life full throttle

Bigbondo007

Reaction score
He's already studded and deleted, why is he blowing the cap

Bigbondo007

Reaction score
He said ford dealer put arp's and egr delete when he bought it and added 6g to the price

Bigbondo007

Reaction score
He said he's got a warranty for a year on gaskets and studs for a year.. Rbp studs

OBS F350

Reaction score
Could be a bunch of different things. Hell his cap might just be faulty - unlikely but it's happened before. If it was studded 1 at a time there's a possibility it had blown gaskets beforehand and now its completely blown. Or they didn't do a good install the first time around, heads might be uneven because they didn't prep everything correctly, cracked head possibly... ETC. Where are you located? He should take it to a reputable shop that can get it set straight for him.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.