My 6.0 build

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
How are you checking your driveshaft angle alignment after dropping your truck down? (Screw up the traction bar alignment at all?)

I can still drop another 2" in the back, and pull the air bags out of the front of mine...

Just kinda worried about the angle of the dangle....don't wanna put a 4" hole through the box from the driveshaft doing a poll-vault during a wot run.

Honestly I never checked it. There aren't any hard angles at any of the joints. It's been at this height for 3 years and the traction bars were installed at this height. When I had it lifted 4.5" I had a carrier bearing drop and I just adjusted the traction bars out a few turns.

njjeep

Reaction score
Yeah rust is the worst. I live in NJ and watched my 7.3 rust out. I'm down in Florida for work and all I see are rust free trucks. It's amazing lol

And Josh I don't need a bed my my buddy does. PM me if he still has it.

Thanks, Bobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
wow , smart move. that rust crap is brutal !

As miserable as this job is it'll be worth it next week... Sucks having a great running truck rotting away.

Yeah rust is the worst. I live in NJ and watched my 7.3 rust out. I'm down in Florida for work and all I see are rust free trucks. It's amazing lol

And Josh I don't need a bed my my buddy does. PM me if he still has it.

Thanks, Bobby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll ask him if he has another. Short bed im guessing you need?

swinky

Reaction score
How are you checking your driveshaft angle alignment after dropping your truck down? (Screw up the traction bar alignment at all?)

I can still drop another 2" in the back, and pull the air bags out of the front of mine...
Just kinda worried about the angle of the dangle....don't wanna put a 4" hole through the box from the driveshaft doing a poll-vault during a wot run.
My truck is stock height in the front, no block and 2 leaf springs ( 1 spring 1 overload ) removed in the rear.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I really don't see driveshaft angle being an issue but who knows maybe I am wrong. I do know that mine has been at this height for over 3 years and has made over 700hp and had the piss beat out of it many times with no issues. I've never had to replace a driveshaft u joint or carrier bearing either FWIW.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Acid etched and cleaned the frame now onto the rust encapsulator
e98356905dd00966afdfb7f89dc631d5.jpg

Mudstomper99

Reaction score
Well that went from screw but I don't care mood to I'm gonna re build her in no time mood fast! And I would paint it

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Frame is all done. Was going to topcoat with a gloss black but I think I'm going to leave the flat black. Used the Eastwood rust encapsulator and did two coats. They say it doesn't need a top coat so we will see how it holds up. Can always top coat most spots later down the road if need be...
f1eb13b0ce175736201352532f1ec1fc.jpg

5dd4970ccb32aec9ce168ac2b5f20370.jpg

Now time to start chipping rust off and wire wheeling the bottom of the cab. Fun. And cab corners came today so hoping to do them next week when I have time....

Extended Power

Reaction score
After seeing all this work, I'm glad I don't drive mine in the winter months anymore.
Still has over 250,000kms on it.
Paint would still look new if it weren't for the truck being stolen and used as a ****in party wagon, steal everything in site, mobile.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
After seeing all this work, I'm glad I don't drive mine in the winter months anymore.
Still has over 250,000kms on it.
Paint would still look new if it weren't for the truck being stolen and used as a ****in party wagon, steal everything in site, mobile.

yeah it's depressing looking at how bad mine got. And I will NEVER do this job again. Such a nightmare

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
So how about those traction bars. . . . .

Pulled them off last night. They are covered in overspray and paint drips. I hated the color anyways since it never matched right. Going to get them sand blasted and paint them to match the truck most likely. BTW whats this I hear you're back in town?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.