My 86 Fummins Project

Matt_P

Reaction score

Matt_P

Reaction score
Well I had a bunch of pictures to post of progress from today but my stupid ass just put my work clothes in the wash, while I was smart enough to remove my wallet, keys and knife prior to washing I failed to remember to take my phone out of my lower pocket so it recieved a nice rinse cycle. Im an idiot.

Got the intercooler and radiator mounted up and the core support installed again, pass fender installed. Mounted the fuel pressure regulator and ran the rest of the lines. Got my new head torqued down and everything put back on the engine. Also got the top alternator mount built.

Last edited:

TurboM700

Reaction score
You need a wife or GF that does your laundry then you wouldnt have that problem or atleast have someone else to blame it on.

Keep up the good work look forward to seeing this thing done.

Mike

Matt_P

Reaction score
You need a wife or GF that does your laundry then you wouldnt have that problem or atleast have someone else to blame it on.

Keep up the good work look forward to seeing this thing done.

Mike

Well my girlfriend normally does my laundry but she was at work all day and I needed clean clothes for today. Lesson learned, I'm letting her do laundy from now on lol

And thanks!

Matt_P

Reaction score
Got some pictures now.

Also got my non ac belt on and routed leaving plenty of clearance to build my lower radiator hose. Got my grid heater delete, one more return spring for the throttle linkage so it returns properly now.
13094637653_de54f31167_c.jpg

Alternator mount
13114997443_87b8472f42_c.jpg

13115004133_c02f28fcb8_c.jpg

13114904545_609bbc009e_c.jpg

13114923165_33df623465_c.jpg

13114938365_94fb1223ee_c.jpg

13114952845_c54714fab3_c.jpg

13115249204_56979bdc17_c.jpg

Matt_P

Reaction score
Lookin good, at this rate you should have that sucker fired up soon.

Thanks Eric! Yeah it's close to being done with mockup, just heater hoses, overflow tank mounting, radiator hoses and drivers side battery trays and electric fans and a couple odds and ends and its good to go. I'd love to fire it up then but I have to strip everything back down and take the body to get blasted next Friday then the long proces of paint and body work and then final assembly

TurboM700

Reaction score
What are you using for electric fans? I keep going back and fourth about leaving stock drive train lengths and going e-fan or length/shorten and go mech fan.

Matt_P

Reaction score
What are you using for electric fans? I keep going back and fourth about leaving stock drive train lengths and going e-fan or length/shorten and go mech fan.

I'm gonna see if I can find a pair of 12" fans I like when I'm at jegs today otherwise ill run Taurus fans. The dodge mechanical fan works well on my king ranch but I don't have enough room to do that on this truck

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Thanks Eric! Yeah it's close to being done with mockup, just heater hoses, overflow tank mounting, radiator hoses and drivers side battery trays and electric fans and a couple odds and ends and its good to go. I'd love to fire it up then but I have to strip everything back down and take the body to get blasted next Friday then the long proces of paint and body work and then final assembly

Yeah the little things add up, its going to be BA when its done though.

Matt_P

Reaction score
Yeah the little things add up, its going to be BA when its done though.

Yeah they definitely do, there is always one more little thing you forget about it, and thanks! Im hoping it will be pretty nice when its all done, Im really anxious to start finally assembly, but I know its a little ways out

I did end up getting two 12" slim fans from jegs today that each push 1200 cfm

Matt_P

Reaction score
Where are you getting your pieces to build your intake and exhaust? The boots and stuff look really good

Sent from my Pear phone 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I got all the piping from a place called principle truck supply in columbus, they sell take off bends for dirt cheap. I got the boots and clamps from there as well. The intake boot on the turbo came from Jegs

I was wondering the same thing. Looks great man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Stroker04

Reaction score
I need a place like that around here. I'm trying to make my own intake and having no luck finding anything.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I need a place like that around here. I'm trying to make my own intake and having no luck finding anything.

I would think that a place like Cumberland Truck Parts over in Chambersburg would be just what you are looking for.... Just a thought.

Latest posts

Members online