MY BIG 6.7 BUILD

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
That's the only downfall with such a strong stock trans, it takes so long for the aftermarket to come up with better parts if no one is really breaking them.

Swsignal5

Reaction score
That's the problem with such a strong stock trans, it takes so long for the aftermarket to come up with better parts if no one is really breaking them.

Yeah I know. I've heard of a planetary failures but I don't believe this shaft has given anyone else issues yet.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jomax

Reaction score
Does it have anything to do with tuning? Seems kind of fast to let go, how much hp are you pushing?

Swsignal5

Reaction score
Does it have anything to do with tuning? Seems kind of fast to let go, how much hp are you pushing?

Idk on the power still haven't put it on the dyno. I expected hard parts to fail. There's a ton of torque there.

Reaction score
Third trans rebuild in less than 2 months.
be780686077d656db2e1838c788be1a9.jpg
179272c197716c168757574a9111e270.jpg

I've had one other guy do that. He makes around 950hp at the wheels. Imo it's more from too little slip time in the tune or spinning then catching traction.

Lots of other making that power and not having issues yet. We are in process of a new shaft... Gonna take a little while before available.

Swsignal5

Reaction score
I've had one other guy do that. He makes around 950hp at the wheels. Imo it's more from too little slip time in the tune or spinning then catching traction.

Lots of other making that power and not having issues yet. We are in process of a new shaft... Gonna take a little while before available.

I'm with you. The torque doesn't kick in till the boost hits. I have a new shaft I'm getting that's made of different material . But I did change to a 15 converter and it made a big difference in shift quality. Haven't tried a laugh with it yet. I'm gonna give these clutches a few days to break in first before I beat on it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.