My build-Hard work pays off!

How far to go when the cab is pulled the first time

• Total voters

webb06

Reaction score
Yup, no painting chrome, that's half assing it. I do chit the right way if possible. Although i did paint my fender badges but i don't think they sell paintable ones yet. So painting the chrom is the only option.

I had my bumpers powder coated. And if you sand the grille enough to scuff the chrome and use self etching primer it'll work just as good as anything else. Just my thoughts since that what I did and its lasting

RSK

Reaction score
I had my bumpers powder coated. And if you sand the grille enough to scuff the chrome and use self etching primer it'll work just as good as anything else. Just my thoughts since that what I did and its lasting

Ya, i thought that if it was prepped well enough it would hold up fine, but the body shop i'm using isn't interested in doing all that, i don't have much time right now to prep anything for them to paint either, so they are doing it all for now.

RSK

Reaction score
We'll I didn't mean really paint straight over the chrome!!!

Just asking if you were color matching the bumpers and grill and getting rid of the chrome

I just had mine blasted , powder coated black then black paint over it so if it does get rock chips at least there is black powder coat under there and my painter baked that cheap chrome off the grill down to the plastic and paint it

I thought about powder coating the bumpers, but i'm not convinced the powder coating is gonna have as gloss a finish as the paint, and i don't think the pearl white will match. I have one that has been doing all my paint work so far and will probably stick with them, prices seem reasonable enough, the quality of the work is great, I don't see any flaws. and they are only 5 miles from my house. If my truck was black I would just get them powder coated.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Put them little tikes to work before they cost you money! Lol 420's comin off mine and 35's goin on stock wheels lol as I type this.

RSK

Reaction score
Lowering springs are going in this afternoon, then my u bolts will be here tomorrow and i'll drop the ass end after i finish up for the day.

RSK

Reaction score
3B20211A-9A56-412E-9C18-87FEFC5E061B_zpswczaxrt5.jpg

4400lb springs installed. it's nice you don't have to jump out of the truck anymore or slide off the seat. You just step out. Haven't driven it much but it seems softer, more forgiving. The u bolts from pmf will be here tomorrow and i'll take the block out.

Badland

Reaction score
3B20211A-9A56-412E-9C18-87FEFC5E061B_zpswczaxrt5.jpg

4400lb springs installed. it's nice you don't have to jump out of the truck anymore or slide off the seat. You just step out. Haven't driven it much but it seems softer, more forgiving. The u bolts from pmf will be here tomorrow and i'll take the block out.

Damn looks good

We're do you get the 4400lb springs from?

Does it rub more when you turn to the left?

RSK

Reaction score
Damn looks good

We're do you get the 4400lb springs from?

Does it rub more when you turn to the left?

Sunrise ford! Best prices around as long as you don't need it right away. Didn't notice anymore rubbing turning at all. I've only driven it 5 miles so far.

RSK

Reaction score
having put some miles on it lowered it rides a lot nicer, still needs some good shocks. but the ride is overall a lot softer, not spongy or anything but softer. doesn't bounce like it has blown shocks just softer when you hit a bump. I think if i end up doing the shocks like i want that will really be the icing on the cake for the ride quality.

RSK

Reaction score
from what ive heard i missed a very good burnout last week...buttttt it wasn't recorded lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdf_1xWeHIQ

Ya, that what happens when you leave early...i'll do another with the new grille on and once the rear is dropped down...need to get one during the day time. Maybe i'll mount my go pro to the roof of my truck. Pointing back. Atleast the truck sounds good now. Instead of a like pissed off prius... Also gotta rotate my tires once it aligned. Then its game on!

Last edited:

RSK

Reaction score
Race tune ordered from gear head...if I get it by friday night, i'll definitely be at the track saturday morning with it, if not I'll probably still go to the track just in hot street...Head studs will be coming shortly. hell i might order them this week sooo tempting.

Latest posts

Members online