My Build Thread-American Hogger

RSK

Reaction score
Towing anything with a 1200hp truck would be ignorant. If you're wanting to tow and have a hp monster get 2 trucks

i have two trucks...who says you have to use all 1200hp? you wouldn't spray nitrous while towing would you? I wouldn't either... so it wouldn't be 1200hp just like right now towing 7,000lbs in a race file isn't towing with a 600hp truck unless i hold it wide open which would be dumb....so using a little common sense its fine and when i need it the extra power is there like merging onto the highway or pulling out quick during traffic time, and the truck has the smallest haze on a 90* day. obviously i don't need 1000hp but having my back up truck my 6.4 at 1000hp or more and still being able to push snow and tow a trailer if needed would be sweet, actually driving it i'd bet i only use 300-400hp on a daily basis, i like for things to not break....especially when i am busy.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I don't what it's like where you live, but our county just put into effect the "
No rolling coal" ordinance. The cops are watching very coldly now for smoke around here whice is very weird. Big hp and towing does not go together at all.

RSK

Reaction score
Ding ding

last i checked these trucks were electronic? same with the nozzles. they aren't 12v cummins. so can't the truck be put into a street tune that turns the pulse width down so the truck isn't smokey and still spools halfway decent? :shrug: I understand you need fuel to spool the turbos, I had a 12v with basically an s471 single on it with enough fuel for 800hp it was smoke free if i drove it normal. much over a 1/4 throttle and it sounded and looked like the flood gates to he11 opened up and the truck moved very quickly.

webb06

Reaction score
last i checked these trucks were electronic? same with the nozzles. they aren't 12v cummins. so can't the truck be put into a street tune that turns the pulse width down so the truck isn't smokey and still spools halfway decent? :shrug: I understand you need fuel to spool the turbos, I had a 12v with basically an s471 single on it with enough fuel for 800hp it was smoke free if i drove it normal. much over a 1/4 throttle and it sounded and looked like the flood gates to he11 opened up and the truck moved very quickly.

Try it out and let me know how it works.

RSK

Reaction score
I don't what it's like where you live, but our county just put into effect the "
No rolling coal" ordinance. The cops are watching very coldly now for smoke around here whice is very weird. Big hp and towing does not go together at all.

i wouldn't want to be rolling coal at all....but we have nothing like that here yet. I don't want anything to roll coal while towing at all, especially with my name on the side of it, i just figured with the tuning coming as far as it has, that the nozzles could be turned down so the truck turbo's would be able to spool decent and the truck could be used for towing at or close to sea level that's all. obviously towing in a race tune with 60% or 100% nozzles or even bigger with a 66/88 isn't going to be all that clean or possible. but i figured towing 6-7k or even 10k in a street tune where pulse width is turned down quite a bit might be possible. :shrug: with temps around 1200-1300 going up a small hill.

RSK

Reaction score
Let me put it this way. My 59/75 run cooler when I push it harder. I can get warmer pussy footing around then running 50-75% throttle.

makes sense, atmo is doing much at 50-75% throttle probably only making 5psi not even lit yet, but after 75% it starts to take off and its all awesome after that and the egt's cool off because you are now moving enough air. I understand some. I just thought more could be done with the tuning that's all, and I guess i was wrong.

Latest posts

Members online