My Build

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks a ton Steve, means a lot. I don't known all the turbo and injector stuff you guys know but least I can help out down here. Always love talking car audio.

That's one I have always found the "low power" systems always seem to impress more than the all out big power builds. I would assume there is some compromises in the 5 channel versus the straight 500/1. The foreign stuff does tend to have a more tender touch as the euros are commonly known for lol. I wonder how much Rico likes all this Mosconi vs JL battle lol

This makes me want to move my amps beneath the seat and load in 4 shallows behind the seat!!

i sat in rico's the other day. it sounds incredibly good. the SQ is some of the best i have ever heard. i only listened to a couple songs he chose so i cant compare, but his is right next to the elbow and tight quarters. his is as clean as it gets. i'll make him come listen to mine when the highs are in. i think our sounds are different but i believe he will approve of mine. LOL

jdc753

Reaction score
Good deal!! I drool over his gear almost daily but will probable never get to listen. Everyone tunes a little differently and I know he has told me with his hearing or lack of that his is tuned very differently LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Did you build the box or did you buy it? I am thinking of putting some sub in my truck.

i had it built, but i am bulding 5 at a time to sell. they are wood and fiberglass, very intricate due to the space needs and the design of the back seat. cost will be $650 plus ship. can provide the speakers as well, but will work with any 10" shallow that requires .5 cubic feet of airspace.

Yellow1000

Reaction score
That's a really nice setup, I have two shallow mount kickers behind my seating my crew cab, but I want more. Somedays i just feel the need to crank on it a bit. I have a little experience with glass work, this doesn't look terribly hard to make ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow1000

Reaction score
I've always had a love and fascination with nice audio systems and music in general lol just goes hand in hand with a truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
I may have missed it but did you need to space out your front door panels so the Focal's dont hit them. I thought i had a blown $350 speaker till i realized the damn cone flexes so much it is hitting the door panel. Lol

RedRice589

Reaction score
thanks guys, kinda just wish i woulda done the focal's right off the bat, but was really curious to see what these sony components would do.

shone- box yook a couple days to build, its pretty nifty. i can have it drawn if you want and they'll ship you one.
May I inquire as well? But just for 2 subs please. If possible.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Good deal!! I drool over his gear almost daily but will probable never get to listen. Everyone tunes a little differently and I know he has told me with his hearing or lack of that his is tuned very differently LOL

I hate that I don't have anybody around me that I know very well to get guidance on stereo. I love a good system especially if someone can help me stay in budget for good sound. I'd love to get some advice.

jdc753

Reaction score
I hate that I don't have anybody around me that I know very well to get guidance on stereo. I love a good system especially if someone can help me stay in budget for good sound. I'd love to get some advice.

I can certainly walk you through most of the selection through PM's if you would like. Start with a budget and goals and I can basically help guide your path. Or if you would like to do some research on your own then check out www.diymobileaudio.com and www.caraudio.com you will most likely find several members on each forum in your area.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I can certainly walk you through most of the selection through PM's if you would like. Start with a budget and goals and I can basically help guide your path. Or if you would like to do some research on your own then check out www.diymobileaudio.com and www.caraudio.com you will most likely find several members on each forum in your area.

Hey thanks a lot man I will hopefully get a budget idea when I get to Miami in a couple weeks and then we'll surely talk! I'll look into the sites as well

Daddyusmaximus

Reaction score
Nice build. That is a slick looking enclosure. I'm hoping to add the JL amps in the future. Undecided, was thinking the 5way, now I may go your way. I only run a front stage though. Don't like sound coming from behind me. (except the exhaust) I got the center console Stealthbox. It only has one 10" 10W3v3, and I paired it with a weak amp, yet it sounds amazing. I can't wait to hear it with some juice behind it. Researching the Focals as well. I'm reading a lot of good things about them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.