My Excursion made the Magazine!!!

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
I used to read that magazine.
Then gave up on them for their lack of "correct" details.

"Even while acknowledging the factory injectors and turbo were now the biggest limitations when it came to making more power, the truck averaged 25 mpg on the highway"
:fustrate::fustrate:

572ysc

Reaction score
Thanks for bashing on the mag. The truck does get 25mpg on the highway as I can go from VA to Detroit and back on one tank of diesel. Its all about driving style. The injectors are at their limit through theoretical cc calculation. The turbo is at its max allowable reliable boost 32lb. And b.t.w. the stealth pump is an awesome piece not just a rebuilt stock pump! This pump holds 4000psi with no problem. It has been on the truck for three years now drag racing, sled pulling, towing heavy equipment,... No leaks, no pressure drop nothing.

02BigD

Reaction score
Thanks for bashing on the mag. The truck does get 25mpg on the highway as I can go from VA to Detroit and back on one tank of diesel. Its all about driving style. The injectors are at their limit through theoretical cc calculation. The turbo is at its max allowable reliable boost 32lb. And b.t.w. the stealth pump is an awesome piece not just a rebuilt stock pump! This pump holds 4000psi with no problem. It has been on the truck for three years now drag racing, sled pulling, towing heavy equipment,... No leaks, no pressure drop nothing.

And....we just lost credibility.

Cloverleaffarm

Reaction score
If your "truck" gets 25 mpg as you and magazine claim, then your math must have gotten worse. Because your sig on PSN says 28

00 Excursion 7.3 (Banks Quick Spool, 3.5" downpipe, Banks Muffler, Banks WG, Banks Comp. Wheel, AFE Stage 2 Air intake, Fuel lab pump and reg., Comp 910's, DI Pushrods, IAH delete, Superchips, Riffraff Boost Fooler), Lift, MM Hubs, 35's, 08 diff cover, Hellwig rr. bar
8600lbs@ 28mpg
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message Go to the top

Jomax

Reaction score
25mpg? Maybe with a 2wd and 3.31 gears... you have the ayrodymanics of a house...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online