My first adventure to Morgan & Jared @ Midwest Diesel

jcain

Reaction score
After a "couple" talkings with Morgan & Jared I decided that with this build I'd like to try a different route than last. The last truck was a PMF catalog and I had nothing but GREAT dealings with Trevor Hull. This time thuoght I decided to try the One Up Offroad products.

Being that Jared is a OUO nutswinger ( ;) ) , or Rep whatever, I figured he'd be my best bet to get it all right the first time. Also, seeing Morgan and the vehicles he puts out, he was my best bet to have it installed properly and to perfection.

We had a wedding to go to at Notre Dame so it was decided that I'd drop my truck off on a thursday night return for it on sunday morning on the way by.
IMAG0021.jpg

As always, kids and weather delayed a timely arrival so I was told to just leave it somewhere by the shop with the keys in the cup holder, unlocked. Uh, yeah, I'm not leaving a $73,000 truck unlocked with the key in it hooked up to a $6,000 trailer. But when I got there, I understood the trust, this was farming country!

Anyhow, Friday I was updated via text of the progress and pictures of the final product, I was stoked. Then I was told that they'd run out of time to install the bags/pump and I can't say I was exactly tickled anymore but **** happens I guess...

Saturday rolls around and we're about to leave Notre Dame and head back to Springfield to split the trip into 2 days instead of 1 long haul on sunday and I get a picture of the truck sitting pretty in the shop, on air bags! Morgan had gone into work on a Saturday (they're a m-f shop) and finished the truck up 100%, :toast: ! I'll be honest, I couldn't believe it. After all the **** I had given Morgan in the past, he really put it all behind and finished the truck outside of normal shop hours.
12991894_518609251652148_951075416_o.jpg

We got to springfield saturday night and bed down, traveling with a 3y/o and a 9month old is fun.... :fustrate: :fustrate:. Sunday rolled around and Morgan and his family met up with us at IHOP for breakfast. We then dropped the women and kids off to play and we went to gather the truck from the shop. Man is this OUO stuff nice! Morgan had also managed to unlock on my potential horsetorx with some special exhaust and toonz. Truck sounded and LOOKED amazing. We loaded up a new rear axle for RubenK and put the suv back on the trailer and headed out. The truck rode so nice and it had an effortless power to it now.

We made the trip home great and even managed to gain over 1.5mpg with a headwind and the hammer down. The truck drove more composed than ever and had a solid feel to it now under all circumstances.

Sorry for the long post but I always feel shops never good the thumbs up for a job well done, ony a thumbs down when it goes bad. Anyhow, here's the finished product.

Fox 2.0 Resis
IMAG0063.jpg

OUO 2.5" adujstable height gizmo set at 1" of rise
IMAG0061.jpg

OUO ala 3link
IMAG0059.jpg

Last edited:

jcain

Reaction score
IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

OUO traction bars
IMAG0065.jpg

OUO traction blocks (1.5" taller than stock dually block)
IMAG0066.jpg

Airlift 5000 ultimate bags floating on OUO perch
IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

In conclusion, i WILL be returning to Midwest for more products & service after such a great experience. Thanks again Morgan and team.

Last edited:

jcain

Reaction score
After I took the pictures the factory filter was the first thing I noticed too. Kind of funny.

jcain

Reaction score
As a side note, Morgan's shop is absolutely beautiful. It's so so so refreshing to see a CLEAN and organized shop. I've been to so many shops over the years and am so disgusted that I couldn't imagine ever leaving my vehicle there, right or not. He really should show off that building more.

Jomax

Reaction score
My first adventure to Morgan & Jared @ Midwest Diesel

Nice! What did you do for the trackbar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anth

Reaction score
He's pry got a ready lift track bar on its way. Nice looking truck.

bdm1981

Reaction score
Nice truck Jon! Keep us updated on the build! There is a guy in my hometown that just bought the exact same truck you have. That white really stands out!

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
Morgan is a great dude. He has some of my pulling truck parts down there to find some extra horse pressures.

.......that Jared guy idk so much about him he's special. Walked into the shop and he was licking Eriks Windows on his truck LOL LOL LOL
I have nothing but good to say about them both.

Reaction score
As a side note, Morgan's shop is absolutely beautiful. It's so so so refreshing to see a CLEAN and organized shop. I've been to so many shops over the years and am so disgusted that I couldn't imagine ever leaving my vehicle there, right or not. He really should show off that building more.

Haha, It's a mess and far from where I want it to be. It may never get there, but if it ever gets 100% finished and organized the way I want, I'll post pictures.

Glad we could schedule everything up and get your truck finished. Sucked the airbag kit wasn't right and we had to get a kit from Jared's house, an hour away that he had bought for his personal truck, to finish the install. It all turned out well given the circumstances.

It was nice meeting the family! I'm sure I will see you guys at Schieds this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcain

Reaction score
Time will tell. Initially, other than the OUO parts looking nicer IMO, I have no reason to say one works better than the other. I took the truck to my buddy at the dealer and they all agreed the OUO stuff looks like it came that way from the factory.

gfulton

Reaction score
Time will tell. Initially, other than the OUO parts looking nicer IMO, I have no reason to say one works better than the other. I took the truck to my buddy at the dealer and they all agreed the OUO stuff looks like it came that way from the factory.

Only way to go Buddy......

Latest posts

Members online