My first blue interior light conversion

Bald-N-Blue

Reaction score
Recently had a bunch of house confinement (AKA ACL and MCL knee remodeling) and was bored out of my skull. Since I prefer the color BLUE (obviously an occupational hazard :D) I decided to tackle my AIC first.

Before and after images below. This was NOT for the faint of heart, believe me, but I've come up with a pretty good system now, I've done three for a few buddies and myself.

Coment's? What'cha think? I'd love some feedback - if anyone is interested in tackling something like this I can work on a write up - I've got another few months of rehab before I can get back to work full time. Diversions are good therapy :ford:

Attachments

• Stock.jpg
    Stock.jpg
    648.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Modified.jpg
    Modified.jpg
    915.9 KB · Views: 189

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Pretty cool, I myself hate the factory green. I wish it wasnt such a job or I would rip the whole cluster and dash apart and change everything to match my cobalts

Bald-N-Blue

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback fellas! I'm getting ready to start on another AIC, so I'll make sure to take some detailed pics and video - the last shots came out pretty crappy (damn camera phone).

I'll post more when i get this next one on its way. Stay tuned . . .

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
Looks awesome, we did this on my interior LED lights as well in my 6.0, changed everything to red....What a difference this makes, and what a Kustom touch!

obs7.3

Reaction score
Looks awesome, we did this on my interior LED lights as well in my 6.0, changed everything to red....What a difference this makes, and what a Kustom touch!

i'm in the process of doin that in my truck now, whats the easiest way to get the green film off the factory gauges?

RedSmokey

Reaction score

I plan to do the same thing with red lights to my 7.3 one of these days. Iv had everything to do it for a while... Just no time to rip the truck apart. Got any pics, should be a close enough idea of what mine will look like.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
i'm in the process of doin that in my truck now, whats the easiest way to get the green film off the factory gauges?

i have heard that you can take some rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover with a q-tip and it takes it off, although i tried on mine and didnt work. I ended up have the guys at black cat make me a custom face

I plan to do the same thing with red lights to my 7.3 one of these days. Iv had everything to do it for a while... Just no time to rip the truck apart. Got any pics, should be a close enough idea of what mine will look like.

il get a few up

JD3020

Reaction score

When you get it done we definitely need to meet up sometime, i wanna see how it turns out. I like the green alot, just wanna change it up some.

obs7.3

Reaction score
When you get it done we definitely need to meet up sometime, i wanna see how it turns out. I like the green alot, just wanna change it up some.

you don't live that far from me do you? i feel like we've discussed this before lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.