my ford touch input

TyCorr

Reaction score
I am looking to order a 2016 ford fusion titanium. Im reeeeal close to pulling the trigger. I was asked point blank by the salesman if Ive had it before. I told him our 16 explorer sport has it, my 13 explorer had it but ive used either of those vehicles a time or three. He told me people have pretty serious issues with them. And they dont order stuff for the lot with it unless its just part of it, such as a sport, platinum, titanium, etc.

I asked Tanya about it. She goes I like it but sometimes it kicks me out of navigation or if i have the four quadrants up doing a bunch of stuff it'll freeze up and i have to hold the home buttin on the steering wheel. Wtf!? Our explorer was built and delivered in July and its ***kin up already, the salesman brought it up, and my old 13 that her stepmom has she said she dorsnt use it. She uses it to backup but she plugs her phone in for music because its screwy.

If I order a titanium, Im stuck with this garbage ass 1500 upcharge system. I understand you cant really just take it out and use something else.

Anybody else having issues with these systems? I was planning to go in and firm up my order but now im leeary about the my ford suck...

Wildman

Reaction score
I am looking to order a 2016 ford fusion titanium. Im reeeeal close to pulling the trigger. I was asked point blank by the salesman if Ive had it before. I told him our 16 explorer sport has it, my 13 explorer had it but ive used either of those vehicles a time or three. He told me people have pretty serious issues with them. And they dont order stuff for the lot with it unless its just part of it, such as a sport, platinum, titanium, etc.

I asked Tanya about it. She goes I like it but sometimes it kicks me out of navigation or if i have the four quadrants up doing a bunch of stuff it'll freeze up and i have to hold the home buttin on the steering wheel. Wtf!? Our explorer was built and delivered in July and its ***kin up already, the salesman brought it up, and my old 13 that her stepmom has she said she dorsnt use it. She uses it to backup but she plugs her phone in for music because its screwy.

If I order a titanium, Im stuck with this garbage ass 1500 upcharge system. I understand you cant really just take it out and use something else.

Anybody else having issues with these systems? I was planning to go in and firm up my order but now im leeary about the my ford suck...

My Ford Touch (Sync Gen 2) isn't a bad system. I've had 2 vehicles with it and I've never had any issues. The majority of issues you've heard of are caused by people pairing phones with huge phonebooks (thousands of numbers) and by using devices that are not listed on the SYNC Compatibility Matrix. I have used my systems with an iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S, and an iPhone 6. If you use a non-compatible phone or device, expect to have glitches. That's not the vehicle manufacturer's fault though.

My main complains with My Ford Touch are the slow interface, the type of touch screen (requires a deliberate press), and the spotty voice recognition. Other than that, its just fine.

If you are willing to wait a little while, SYNC 3 will be available on Fusion for the late 2016/2017 model year. Some 2016 models, such as the Escape, already have it. It's a much improved system over SYNC Gen 2, with a faster processor, implementation of apps, and the ability to swipe between screens.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ok. As far as I know my wife doesnt even use the handsfree. She says it echoes. I think ill try one of theirs first. The dealer I talked to said they wont have the new setup until 17 in the fusions. I cant wait that long.

They have a 15 titanium there in "tectonic" silver. Its pretty sweet. Theres an se in ingot silver with black/terra cotta interior. It has all the same stuff as the titanium. The only difference I can see is the se has different leather that isnt cooled, the taillights arent led, and there's no start/stop button.

I talked to livernois motorsports today and they have an exhaust,cai, tuner, and tstat housing for the 2.0 eco. That package will do 285 with the stock turbo. Its maxed out on air.

Latest posts

Members online