My "In Germany" build thread

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Could someone please explain to me why you have pressure in the coolant? And what's a normal amount of pressure for a 6.0?

Posted from ***itville, USA

Pressure is caused by the expansion of the coolant while the coolant heats up. Normal psi for the 6.0 from what I can tell from my gauge is about 9psi. highest is 16psi which is where the cap vents. A leaking head gasket allows exhaust gases into the cooling system which can be seen in the gauge by spikes related to boost.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
Could someone please explain to me why you have pressure in the coolant? And what's a normal amount of pressure for a 6.0?

Pressure comes up as temperature does. Heat causes expansion and in a closed system that will cause pressure.

Normal pressure in a 6.0 is 16 to 27 psi from what I've experienced :cool:

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
Pressure comes up as temperature does. Heat causes expansion and in a closed system that will cause pressure.

Normal pressure in a 6.0 is 16 to 27 psi from what I've experienced :cool:

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Swink clear your inbox...

dsberman94

Reaction score
Makes sense now thanks guys. I've realized all the diesels I've seen have pressure but never knew why. Thanks again.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
I've seen about 30psi in a truck ran fine. Just needs to be topped of with coolant every couple hours. No problems here. Lmao

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
I've seen about 30psi in a truck ran fine. Just needs to be topped of with coolant every couple hours. No problems here. Lmao

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's how mine's going to be. Only pukes when you're making 30+ psi. Gonna run it till it's bad enough. ***ker might stay like this forever.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
So now I'm noticing that when I turn left my steering wheel is not always recentering? Is this Hydro boost related?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.