My little 06 freshen up/non vgt project

slc6oh

Reaction score
that does seem low, you can't watch psi on a tuned truck though, you must watch voltage. its one of the tuner tricks to get the pump to put out more.

Reguardless, i remember well over 3k not even 700mi ago when it was on the stock setup

slc6oh

Reaction score
that does seem low, you can't watch psi on a tuned truck though, you must watch voltage. its one of the tuner tricks to get the pump to put out more.

so don't have all the info needed, but cold icp voltage tuned was 1.0-1.1 @ idle, (815psi) and would rise with throttle. I wanna say 3.5v was most I seen. traffic was a bitch, so ill have to re check.

but when I got home, just to put my mind at ease, I put the truck back to stock and drove around the block. mid 3000's pretty quick and seemingly easy. so I guess I know now that the truck I guess can/does make the pressure its suppose to

sootie

Reaction score
Well, it means that your hpop can keep up to a stock tune file. It still may not hold on a race tune. Also, the reason the psi is higher is because it is not getting manipulated by the tune. Compare voltage stock to voltage tuned.

If you can get some open road, cruse at about 50mph and get on it-thats when you see the lowest icp I believe

slc6oh

Reaction score
did get out and mess around some, but again kinda not exact reliable reading on the stock file...

street tune, wot, icp 4.7v. reading 2000 psi
stock tune was either 4.3 or 3.4v, and mid 3000's

no hot start/cold start/anything issues

I'm kinda believing the tune is fudging that number for sure. maybe as to demand full fuel?

still haven't checked fuel psi tho.
truck feels great, in the video the converter is locked. on the non early lock street tune I put on just here a little bit ago (after the stock tune) but it seemed to rev a lot faster between gears.

truck feels great, (night and day compared to stock turbo for sure) still debating trying some gh tunes, I have the hardware so the $ spent for some new tunes to try wont hurt too bad.

sootie

Reaction score
4.7 is max you will se-thats good. You don't want to just record the peak, hence why I said about getting on it from 50mph. You will see a spike and then it will settle down. It's what it maintains at that is key.

I would seriously try some GH tunes.

slc6oh

Reaction score
Yea read that after already done and back in the house haha, ill check on way to work tomorrow. That 4.7 was mid pull, if not spinning the tires.

slc6oh

Reaction score
GH tunes ordered through a local buddy / shop, joey at sob performance. Ill report back hopefully Monday :rockon: (extreme, srl+,8ktow,unlimited tow)

idp extreme street with no early lockup is on now and doing great, minus some finicky od lockup/unlock beef.

figured the sct will hold 10 I think, so I might as well play all my options

slc6oh

Reaction score
Little update, after getting the gh tunes ran around on the srl+ and meh didnt care for the shifting in and out back and forth. Went back to my idp ex street. Then yesterday put a 40hp ficm tune on.

BINGO!

What little it was lazy down low getting on the charger it woke right up.

Then figured give the slrxx i have yet try a shot.

Thats seeming to be the ticket. Lights faster, shifts nice, can keep out of od with the t/h button... I think i have a new fav daily tune. Srlxx & 40hp ficm.

Gonna give it a couple days for trans to be all learned then get some wot results

slc6oh

Reaction score
Oh, and towing. 11k # all loaded up bumper pull toy hauler..

All the power in the world at or above 70mph. Seems like from 65-70 tho in od with the converter locked its just too far under the turbo to do anything but make higher egts, (1300 ish before it kicks the converter out)

Then 28-29# and 1000-1100 deg untill i crest whatever hill.

If i can keep at 75-80 while towing on the freeway it wont hardly lose any speed up hill.
(Speed limit on i15 is 80 in most spots)

8.5-9mpg towwing, 75-80mph with the ac on most the time. Witch is on par with the cummins fan boys i hang out with

valvetick

Reaction score
Oh, and towing. 11k # all loaded up bumper pull toy hauler..

All the power in the world at or above 70mph. Seems like from 65-70 tho in od with the converter locked its just too far under the turbo to do anything but make higher egts, (1300 ish before it kicks the converter out)

Then 28-29# and 1000-1100 deg untill i crest whatever hill.

If i can keep at 75-80 while towing on the freeway it wont hardly lose any speed up hill.
(Speed limit on i15 is 80 in most spots)

8.5-9mpg towwing, 75-80mph with the ac on most the time. Witch is on par with the cummins fan boys i hang out with

Are you running stock 3.73 gears and larger tires? I'm running a vgt but my trucks sweet spot when towing heavy is 1950+ rpm in overdrive to keep temps under 1200 and pull most hills. In overdrive if I can get the rpms at 2100-2200 it will hold overdrive below 1200* up a 5% grade grossing 24-25lbs truck and trailer, any lower rpms or any steeper and the converter has to unlock. I threw in 4.11's for the 35's to put me at 2k while towing at 70 in overdrive. I did pull at 80 but kept getting trailer blowouts and slowed down to 70 with these crappy trailer tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slc6oh

Reaction score
Are you running stock 3.73 gears and larger tires? I'm running a vgt but my trucks sweet spot when towing heavy is 1950+ rpm in overdrive to keep temps under 1200 and pull most hills. In overdrive if I can get the rpms at 2100-2200 it will hold overdrive below 1200* up a 5% grade grossing 24-25lbs truck and trailer, any lower rpms or any steeper and the converter has to unlock. I threw in 4.11's for the 35's to put me at 2k while towing at 70 in overdrive. I did pull at 80 but kept getting trailer blowouts and slowed down to 70 with these crappy trailer tires.

Yea im on 35s and 373s, but thats where im at id say 1850-ish and up in od locked converter is money. Ill see anywhere from 950-1000 on flats to 11-1200 working it up hill, unless i have to slow downand fall off the turbo then ill see 1350 ish. Whitch isnt hot enough for me to worry about. Cause by time it gets there it unlocks and im right back down

Maybe gears wouldnt hurt

valvetick

Reaction score
Yea im on 35s and 373s, but thats where im at id say 1850-ish and up in od locked converter is money. Ill see anywhere from 950-1000 on flats to 11-1200 working it up hill, unless i have to slow downand fall off the turbo then ill see 1350 ish. Whitch isnt hot enough for me to worry about. Cause by time it gets there it unlocks and im right back down

Maybe gears wouldnt hurt

Throwing in 4.10/4.11 with 35's will put you at the same ratio your truck had with stock tires and 3.73 so you will be spinning about 1950-2050 rpm at 70 mph. I was on the fence between 4.11 and 4.30 but since I am always running 70-80 unloaded and 70 towing I didn't want it spinning to high all day on the highway but some prefer that. I prefer it with the 4.11 gears how ford designed it to spin at those speeds truck runs cooler and trans temps stay cooler while towing.

valvetick

Reaction score
Get on the highway today and drive your truck at 2k rpm today and see how it runs prepared to your normal rpm driving. Towing you will notice even more. Find your sweet spot for rpm for your most commonly traveled speed and gear it for that.

slc6oh

Reaction score
The pita thing for me; im stop and go on a 55mph highway which is hard to be happy with the way it shifts into od lol

slc6oh

Reaction score
75+ percent of my driving is unloaded cruising in traffic to my 55-60 mph speed limit. Freeway cruising above like 60 and unloaded its great,

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.