My Natural Gas fueled Powerstroke

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I was just figuring how much diesel cost was for a year of driving. Your math is good. Based on driving 12k a year it would take 4 years to recoup cost. that is not figuring in the cost of cng.

But for a truck that you plan to drive for the next 5-10 years then it is good.

Hell if I only bought parts for my truck based on justified cost my truck would still be basically stock. LOL

I am thinking much larger scale. Like a fleet of 30+ trucks that drive 20-35k a year.

I agree. I'm not trying to shoot down the idea at the least. I like it a lot. Just didn't realize the cost involved.

Buffalo444

Reaction score
I was just figuring how much diesel cost was for a year of driving. Your math is good. Based on driving 12k a year it would take 4 years to recoup cost. that is not figuring in the cost of cng.

But for a truck that you plan to drive for the next 5-10 years then it is good.

Hell if I only bought parts for my truck based on justified cost my truck would still be basically stock. LOL

I am thinking much larger scale. Like a fleet of 30+ trucks that drive 20-35k a year.

A better large scale would be one system on a high annual mileage truck, like a hot shot truck. just sayin.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I agree.

But I am looking at it like a group buy. If I call a retailer and tell him I would like to order one kit, the price would be .....

If I call a retailer and tell him I would like to order 30 kits, I would expect a cheaper price due to the volume that I am ordering.

Buffalo444

Reaction score
I agree.

But I am looking at it like a group buy. If I call a retailer and tell him I would like to order one kit, the price would be .....

If I call a retailer and tell him I would like to order 30 kits, I would expect a cheaper price due to the volume that I am ordering.

true. all just depends if you look at it from the individual's standpoint or the big buisness standpoint.

either way, you need to be putting a lot of miles down.

Drwoodchopper

Reaction score
Those that are serious you should give Marc a call he knows his stuff. His duramax has seen some insane mileage! He is working on an electrical injection system that can substitute 85% CNG for diesel. The couple of guys that I have talked too with newer trucks seem to do better in mpg's, I assume because of the better fuel injectors and sensors.I really think it is probably the best mod I have done and the only one that will end up paying for itself.

rusty1161

Reaction score
Those that are serious you should give Marc a call he knows his stuff. His duramax has seen some insane mileage! He is working on an electrical injection system that can substitute 85% CNG for diesel. The couple of guys that I have talked too with newer trucks seem to do better in mpg's, I assume because of the better fuel injectors and sensors.I really think it is probably the best mod I have done and the only one that will end up paying for itself.

How's your system running?

Rusty

ja_cain

Reaction score
Seems like a lot of growing interest in the basb turbo setup recently! Glad I gave it a shot

Its what I am definitely going with. I especially attribute my decision to reading your thread. Is there anyway you could post an in cab video of you accelerating while pulling something significant? I would greatly appreciate it.

Reaction score
My cousin works in large equipment maintenance, like booms and fork trucks, and all kinds of the bigger construction equipment, Would LP tanks work for the CNG? also are there any other parts he might would come across that would cut cost on a CNG system?

neverkickn

Reaction score
My cousin works in large equipment maintenance, like booms and fork trucks, and all kinds of the bigger construction equipment, Would LP tanks work for the CNG? also are there any other parts he might would come across that would cut cost on a CNG system?

No. Lp is stored at much lower pressures.

Latest posts

Members online