My OUO traction block install Pic heavy

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I ordered some OUO adaptable length traction bars and 5" traction blocks from Jared at River City Diesel, and got them much sooner than I expected, and was really helpful on the phone.

Came home one day and got this sitting on the front porch LOL
IMG_0323_zps8b1cd693.jpg

It took me 45 min to unwrap everything. All the parts looked very nice, my fiancé who was not at all excited about me spending money on "sticks for under my truck" even mentioned how nice everything looked.
IMG_0324_zps846ee437.jpg

I went ahead and PTM'd the bars them selves to match the lower half of my truck.
IMG_0328_zps97725e39.jpg

primer
IMG_0329_zpsded24d27.jpg

Painted - Got some rattle cans mixed up with my paint code at NAPA
IMG_0330_zpsde405497.jpg

Here is how close it matches
IMG_0335_zps796be7a2.jpg

OUO 5" traction blocks vs my stock F-350 ones LOL
IMG_0331_zps091724b5.jpg

IMG_0332_zps5b7e19d9.jpg

Blocks installed, it flips the U bolts on the 11+ trucks to the right side up to be able to use the adjustable top plate to recent the axle - Please don't judge the dirty truck. Also mounted the bags to the plates that come on the block.
IMG_0334_zps14561ff0.jpg

Drilling the frame was killing my arms so I used my head muscle and did this
IMG_0336_zps32008321.jpg

Getting closer
IMG_0337_zps23c06179.jpg

All done. It took me a while doing everything by myself and drilling everything really wore me out.
IMG_0338_zps5da9e3a8.jpg

I know you can't see in the pictures but my front coils are PTM'd as well, so they go great together
IMG_0340_zps531daa09.jpg

Went and took the truck out for a drive this afternoon and the shifting is really smoothed out. I went out on a back road and gave it a few WOT runs and it is day and night with the shifting now. No more axle bouncing all over the place, it just stays planted and spins the tires with no feeling like something is going to break in the cab when it shifts. Around town and on bumps you can't even tell they are on there (no harsh shutters like I have heard some get with bars).
I would buy the exact same set up again, wouldn't change a thing. Thanks to Jared for helping point me in the right direction with all the options that OUO offers.

INFRNL

Reaction score
Man those look awesome painted to match your truck!
How tall are your factory blocks and what do you plan to do with them? I will eventually get a set of traction bars, either ouo or pmf; but I am not sure if I want the traction blocks just in case I ever make changes.

Congrats on the purchase, sounds like it was well worth the cost.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Looks great Matt. And man I thought painting them to match the gold on mine would have looked cool as well....guess I better find a different color. LOL

VanoFord

Reaction score
Man, that looks super sharp. Better buy all them toys before the fiancé is the wife. Trust me :lookaround: but don't tell my wife that.

8luggin

Reaction score
I ordered some OUO adaptable length traction bars and 5" traction blocks from Jared at River City Diesel, and got them much sooner than I expected, and was really helpful on the

They look awesome bud awesome ptm

Jared did my order as well shipping was fast,product was qaulity and functional. But shout out to mike dillehay for giving me a heads up on packaging it took me everybit of 45 mins also to unwrap everything. Had box cutters waiting for the day to come

bricewise

Reaction score
Man.....Wish my traction bars from PMF would get here already so I could brag about them...lol

No but in all seriousness that color match looks awesome. Great job. Thanks for the idea.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Matt you did a good job, im considering Color matching my stuff now as well but im just not sure how it will hold up with my driving. maybe i can have them re powder coated or even coated with line x. im gonna have to do some looking into it.

Snoop

Reaction score
Nice job! Now you have to get on your hands and knees and wash those so they stay purdy!

Jared, I'm saving up for a set. Can't wait.

Latest posts

Members online