My own parts

DBQLSC

Reaction score
Because I'm bored sitting at home with an infected finger the size of a brat, I thought that I would share some pictures of some parts that I have been working on for my own truck.
I made an intake elbow ditching the boot in favor of a v-band, ported intake manifold (all welded using tig dc positive), and finally a set of manifolds for my own truck. (I'm really good at getting everyone elses stuff done and not my own.) Now I just have to send the intake out for powdercoating, I'm thinking wrinkle black with gloss red name plates to match the truck. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

• elbow_hanging.jpg
    elbow_hanging.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 154
  • elbow_on_truck.jpg
    elbow_on_truck.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 165
  • intake_assembled.jpg
    intake_assembled.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 183
  • intake_open.jpg
    intake_open.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 173
  • manifolds_wrapped.jpg
    manifolds_wrapped.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

DBQLSC

Reaction score
I should of taken a picture this morning. It was swollen so bad that it was turning my nail bed a purplish color. Moral of the story is even a small jab under the nail can become infected. Thank god it didn't get as bad as I guy I work with. He ran a hot mig wire into his finger and within 24hrs, they had to zig zag cut the finger open to relieve the pressure and drain it. Anybody else notice that antibiotic pills smell like sh*t?

DBQLSC

Reaction score
Loctite flange sealant for rigid assembles. I use it at work to seal compressors for biogas systems I build. It gets exposed to oil, heat, lots of vibrations, chemicals (benzene, toulene, etc.), extremely corrosive environment and pressures up to 300 psi. Stuff works good.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Nice work. We use that sealant in the heavy duty industry all the time. Good sh}t. Are you doing anything with your injectors or turbo

Extended Power

Reaction score
I don't wanna seem like a Negative Nancy, but....have a look at the second picture you posted....

Now...tell me what color the intake manifold is?

Doesn't matter what the color is, or what crinkle finish you put on it...the only time anyone will see it is when it's off the engine.

Great work on everything!

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I don't wanna seem like a Negative Nancy, but....have a look at the second picture you posted....

Now...tell me what color the intake manifold is?

Doesn't matter what the color is, or what crinkle finish you put on it...the only time anyone will see it is when it's off the engine.

Great work on everything!

usually I would agree here, but if you have things deleted/relocated, and custom parts all in the engine bay, you can see a custom intake manifold from a mile away, my bay is getting on my nerves with a fugly stock unit. LOL

DBQLSC

Reaction score
Nice work. We use that sealant in the heavy duty industry all the time. Good sh}t. Are you doing anything with your injectors or turbo

Injectors will be something around 225/100. Maybe more, maybe less. Turbo is going to be a 66/73/.91 or a MTW stage 4. There are way too many choices anymore. Whole engine will be coming out and getting a cam, springs, and pushrods also.

Latest posts

Members online