My s475 winter project

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
How far is your fuel pressure dropping? What's it start at?

50 psi isn't bad, the biggest problem is the ad and the fass pumps are junk, mine always gives me problems

It's set to 65-67psi an maintains that until wot drops to 50. Idk if was going to drop further i let out and didnt notice til i watched the video. This is my second AD I'm thinking about ordering the pump from martys cause I think they look cool and work well. Sump is ordered already. First I'm going to check the screw on the ad and see if it's all the way up.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Don't turn it all the way up, back it off slightly.. It's the high pressure that kills these crappy pumps, my truck seems to atomize fuel a little better when it's in the 55-60 psi range. Try backing it down some see if the pump can deliver a better volume at the lower pressure and if it still can't then it's time to move to a larger pump. The sump will also help the longevity, but unfortunately there's no way to guarantee a long life with a fass or ad

ford rules

Reaction score
Just get a a1000 or fuelab and be done. If it's holding 50 lbs though it's fine. Your hazing at idle could just be the nature of the beast big injectors will haze slightly. My 230's have always hazed at idle.

ford rules

Reaction score
Tuning could also be a issue as far as idle and haze go, my truck actually misses at idle on quicktricks tuning but it's completly fine on gearhead tunes

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
Don't turn it all the way up, back it off slightly.. It's the high pressure that kills these crappy pumps, my truck seems to atomize fuel a little better when it's in the 55-60 psi range. Try backing it down some see if the pump can deliver a better volume at the lower pressure and if it still can't then it's time to move to a larger pump. The sump will also help the longevity, but unfortunately there's no way to guarantee a long life with a fass or ad

Even turning the pump itself up. not at the regulator.

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
Tuning could also be a issue as far as idle and haze go, my truck actually misses at idle on quicktricks tuning but it's completly fine on gearhead tunes

I know the haze with the 150 nozzles. I'll get a pic of what im talking about if it does it again. It started fine for 3 months 2k miles them all the sudden boom she said f**k you I'm not starting anymore lol

swinky

Reaction score
I know the haze with the 150 nozzles. I'll get a pic of what im talking about if it does it again. It started fine for 3 months 2k miles them all the sudden boom she said f**k you I'm not starting anymore lol
But they're hybrids. Hybrids have less injection pressure than a conventional so a given nozzle size shouldn't haze as much as one would think.

swinky

Reaction score
Why can't you? It's hard chasing this stuff down but I don't think you should be hazing at all. Maybe try gearhead tunes?

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Well if it makes you feel better I just got done doing an all new turbo setup and fuel system and for some reason I got a huge cloud of white smoke on startup and my heat is going in and out... I think it's head gasket time again... We all have bad days lol

Bushwood_6.0

Reaction score
I would quit if that happened right now lol I'm only build 25 pounds I boost also now on the ts and analog gauge I have. Going to tear into that now too. I might try hooking the batteries up to the charger in the morning to see if that changes anything rule out bad batteries because my voltage drop all the way to 11.2 and sat 8 hrs today and seems to clear up as the batteries charge up. But went to autozone and they said tey are good.... I don't trust them. Didnt have the work truck to test myself.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I'm so confused. The truck had no issues before and now it's giving me head gasket symptoms. Haven't even put it to the wood yet, I think I may have warped the heads while flushing the cooling system, it's the only possibility. I just hope I don't lock the motor next time I try and start it..

Latest posts