my slow slow build

djr4x4

Reaction score
I'm slowly putting together a small system for my truck.. Nothing major... So far I'll be running 2 Skar VD-8's hooked up to a Powerbass ASA600.1Dx amp running 600 watts @ 1 ohm.. In time I'll slowly start to work on the high's and get them situated but that'll be awhile.. Here's a pic of my custom built box, compliments of Cscstang Customs out of California.. Its 1.35 net cu.ft tuned at 35 Hz.. I should get the box by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week

_598918926916284_7767092952047202406_n_zpserfebpaz.jpg

_598918946916282_5470737836130601130_n_zpsxnycxeph.jpg

djr4x4

Reaction score
Box came in this morning and I got to work on installing the 8's and getting it all wired up to see how it sounded. I'm very impressed with it.. Hits very hard for 2 8's. Box is built top notch.. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.. cscstang customs did a terrific job on the build. Now to wait on the dynamat to come in and install some on the backwall.. I'll get some pics when I do that..

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I like! I had 2 ID 8's in a similar ported box with a JL 500/1 on them in my last truck. I was shocked at how well that setup worked.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Nice enclosure. I'll add them to my list of people to call. I need 1ft^3 sealed for a 12.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I've been talking with him already.
Is there any way you can do me a favor and measure where the cab vents are located?
I want to retain them and he doesn't have that info. I can pull all the trim but I figured maybe you already had. lol
Just the height off the floor, how far in they are from the c-pillar trim, what size they are and how far they protrude in? That would be awesome if you have the chance.

djr4x4

Reaction score
All of that is all removed and dynamated.. Nearly the whole back wall.. I'm still torn apart atm, no trim, no seats, and just the box in the truck.. I could give possible get some measurements tomorrow at least height off the floor. cant do how far they protrude, but I believe its about 1/2 an inch..

djr4x4

Reaction score
I'm having a bit of an issue and trying to decide how to handle it.. The subs are moving so much that they are rubbing on the back of the seat in a cpl spots.. Already have a tiny bit of damage to the foam on the subs.. So now I'm trying to decide on how I want to tackle this.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Easiest fix if find some cheap grilles that fit. eBay is full of them.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I pulled the trim this morning and got all the numbers I need. Box is ordered...looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

djr4x4

Reaction score
Update.. drilled all new holes in the seat frame and moved the seats up roughly 3/4 of an inch and now the subs do not touch a thing.. all is good.. did order some grilles for extra protection. When they come in it'll be one more tear down.. I'm very happy with the sound that these lil 8's put out.. man. They hit hard for 8's.. unbroken.. I was gonna give u my number bro and was gonna get as many measurements as I could with u on the phone this morning but I was to late getting to u.. sorry man..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
No worries. I appreciate the effort and the info on the company. My order is in and underway.

zilla68

Reaction score
so those are 8's or 10's?
that box looks huge for those, but then again, when I had my one solo 8 the box was huge and it did hit very hard. i'm sure things have come along ways in the past 10-15 years since I played with audio.

djr4x4

Reaction score
They are 8's and yes, the box is ported which is why its so big.. 1.35cu.ft.. In a sealed enclosure they don't need near as much as this..

Latest posts

Members online