NADP Tranny

04EXSTROKER

Reaction score
Just wondering who has one with tunes, who has broke one with tunes and who has had any warrantee issues.

Mine lasted <2k miles and packed it in

White_monster

Reaction score
Shawn Ellerton comes to mind. I know he's had some issues but recently he's had good luck. My buddy just dropped his off to get built up. What failed in yours?

jdgleason

Reaction score
I thought the NADP trans was supposed to be theee one.

NADP is definitely a good brand, but I dont necessarily think they are above suncoast or anything. I personally do not know anyone with an NADP trans, but there is one is the fastest 6.0 around, so that says something. I know Shawn and the canadian boys like them, but they arent real common further south.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
i just put one behind a built f-550. and i also ordered one for a 6.4 i did last year..

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Who's tunes where you using or what chip did you have, what are you doing with the truck, please be honest for it'll help us help you. And don't say you drive it like a girl. No one on these forums drives like a grandma

04EXSTROKER

Reaction score
Who's tunes where you using or what chip did you have, what are you doing with the truck, please be honest for it'll help us help you. And don't say you drive it like a girl. No one on these forums drives like a grandma

I had Doug's tune and the fuel was cut back as he did the same tune for another guy pulling big hills in NY. I have also had Erics tunes as well for the whole 1500km after the build.

I just loaded up my holiday trailer (11k lbs) ready to go camping and was at a set of lights at a bottom of a hill. I did have my foot into it for sure but no WOT action as I wanted to keep it cool. I got about 1/4 of the way up the hill and the truck died dead in the water just had enough speed to pull over. I go to fire it up and it was all good and I continued to drive down the road. I look back and I see smoke and I am thinking head gasket so I limp it to the side of the road and stop then she unloaded the tranny fluid from the from of it.

My mechanic called NADP and they told him that it was the tune that blew the tranny pump due to to high of pressure. Now I dont know a sniff about trannys and I am smelling a trick F ing starting to begin. I am thinking well if I they were to blame the tune on the failure on there "performance tranny" which is supposed to be better than OEM I should have just got a Ford OEM one. I called Doug and he said that was BS cuz his stock tranny is pushing more pressure than the tune he sent me.

I am going to call NADP tomorrow and have a chat. For me it is the cost of the down time that is killing me!

17BLKplat

Reaction score
NADP should take care of you.
Not to compare, but they are sounding like Suncoast when I blew through 6 of their transmissions. They started blaming tuning. Fact is, each one of their units had one minute difference each time. NADP is a group of reasonable guys, explain what's up and I'm sure they'll want to right the wrong.
As far as NADP's strength, I never had an issue with mine in my 06 and it was beat on extremely hard every day, let alone the abuse I let it have at the DPC.

04EXSTROKER

Reaction score
Not to compare, but they are sounding like Suncoast when I blew through 6 of their transmissions. They started blaming tuning. Fact is, each one of their units had one minute difference each time. NADP is a group of reasonable guys, explain what's up and I'm sure they'll want to right the wrong.
As far as NADP's strength, I never had an issue with mine in my 06 and it was beat on extremely hard every day, let alone the abuse I let it have at the DPC.

I called them this morning and I sounds like the only thing they are going to take care of is my wallet. The guy said that it sounds like the pump is shot and it was the tune I was running had the line pressure to high. I find it really hard to believe since I am sure I am not the only one with this tune and tried to explain that point but it was like talking to a brick wall. We will find out in a few days how things go

04EXSTROKER

Reaction score
Well I received a call from NADP this morning and I had a good chat about these trannys. I am by no means a tranny pro or even have much of a idea so correct me if I make any wrong statements. NADP is going to repair my tranny and take care of me as I received a personal cell call, which I appreciate so much as these days customer service is hard to find with anyone.

So from what I gather the fundamental way the oil moves through the tranny is not correct or the proper way to the pump and basically there is no pressure relieve valve for any excessive pressure. Hope this is ok so far...NADP is working on a fix that is down the road

So tunes from Eric are ok as he does not crank the pressure right out of the gate they say... NADP says they have had tunes from others where at idle the pressure is maxed out at idle and is like running the truck at 4500rpm all the time, a scan tool will not show that pressure I guess.

From what I understand some trannys can handle the pressure and some cannot so the best thing is to talk to you tuner guy and make sure the pressure is not increased. So you don’t have down time like myself. With my tuck being in the shop getting all this work done and more I could have paid for a new diesel which I am going to get this fall for sure now.

Another thing I did not know is that I need to run my hot rod on the stock setting to "learn" before I toss in any tunes...

Let me know what you guys think,

Thanks

jdgleason

Reaction score
To me, it sounds like they are a real good company with the customer in mind. It also sounds like they are honest and up front and have a good grasp of what it takes to build a stout tranny. I say give it a shot, cuz it seems like if you have any issues they will stand behind their product and beside you through the process. Keep us updated brotha.

07strokerftw

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

Holy hell!

jkidd_39

Reaction score
Is this a common occurrence to blow these 6.0 tranny's so often? Does Brian at BTS offer a lifetime warranty on the 5r110 like he does on the 4r?

I've never heard of such problems..

strokin_girl04

Reaction score
NADP is definitely a good brand, but I dont necessarily think they are above suncoast or anything. I personally do not know anyone with an NADP trans, but there is one is the fastest 6.0 around, so that says something. I know Shawn and the canadian boys like them, but they arent real common further south.

Matt has one as well and is quite happy with it. They are good people up there!

One- Its OK too drive like a girl, I'm sure Mel drives the hell out of the Ex LOL. Two- I thought you drove with me in Phoenix? I drive like a grandma! :doh:

Canadianredneck

Reaction score
Yeah it sounds like a tuning issue for sure. With these computer controlled trannys and with the tuner having full control over the tranny you really have to be careful who you use for tuning. Sure anyine can make tunes but there are only a very select few that have the experience to set the truck up perfectly and not blow crap up all the time.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well I received a call from NADP this morning and I had a good chat about these trannys. I am by no means a tranny pro or even have much of a idea so correct me if I make any wrong statements. NADP is going to repair my tranny and take care of me as I received a personal cell call, which I appreciate so much as these days customer service is hard to find with anyone.

So from what I gather the fundamental way the oil moves through the tranny is not correct or the proper way to the pump and basically there is no pressure relieve valve for any excessive pressure. Hope this is ok so far...NADP is working on a fix that is down the road

So tunes from Eric are ok as he does not crank the pressure right out of the gate they say... NADP says they have had tunes from others where at idle the pressure is maxed out at idle and is like running the truck at 4500rpm all the time, a scan tool will not show that pressure I guess.

From what I understand some trannys can handle the pressure and some cannot so the best thing is to talk to you tuner guy and make sure the pressure is not increased. So you don’t have down time like myself. With my tuck being in the shop getting all this work done and more I could have paid for a new diesel which I am going to get this fall for sure now.

Another thing I did not know is that I need to run my hot rod on the stock setting to "learn" before I toss in any tunes...

Let me know what you guys think,

Thanks

The part of relearn with stock tunes before performance tunes is wrong. Because once you re tune the truck relearn start s over again.

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
So in the aftermarket tranny world which is the best to buy??
Suncoast
Twisted
Nadp
Bts
If I rebuild mine were should I buy my clutches and converter?
Sorry for the derail. Hope you get taken care of. Downtime is a pita!

Latest posts