Need 4x4 hub diagram

Pmac21

Reaction score
I am having trouble with my esof engaging my hubs. I figure it's a vacuum leak somewhere. So I started at the hubs and took them out to clean them up. They were very hard to turn to engage. Now my problem is I don't know how to remove the plastic cage to get the gears out. I have taken off a large and small retaining clip but that got me no where. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and all the diagrams and videos I found online weren't the same as what I have.
129bb0b2c5fee487f545cf9124b83a43.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

webb06

Reaction score
Never had one apart but I've cleaned a lot of them. Just use brake clean or starting fluid to get all the old grease off. Reluctant and slide them back in. After cleaning the old grease out of the hub itself.

I would bet your vacuum solenoid for the 4x4 is bad. I've replaced several of those. It's located on the fan shroud, passenger side.

Pmac21

Reaction score
I finally got a vacuum tester and I have found my leak, but I have no idea where the line is going or what it is connected to. It is the one that is not connected to the T.
889089e404e2f3837b270e5f89995bfa.jpg

It disappears under the battery box.
Oh and I am not able to get vacuum at one of my hubs. The other will hold steady.

Sent from my iPhone

webb06

Reaction score
I finally got a vacuum tester and I have found my leak, but I have no idea where the line is going or what it is connected to. It is the one that is not connected to the T.
889089e404e2f3837b270e5f89995bfa.jpg

It disappears under the battery box.
Oh and I am not able to get vacuum at one of my hubs. The other will hold steady.

Sent from my iPhone

That hose goes down under the battery box which is the vacuum box. It's probably unplugged down there. You'll have to either drain the coolant and pull the battery box out to check it or pull the fender liner.

Pmac21

Reaction score
Pulled the fender liner and found a split on the hose. Now if I could just get it sealed up at the hub I think I'll be good to go. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone

Latest posts

Members online