Need a honest & reliable shop near Belleville, KS

PowerJunkie

Reaction score
Howdy all!
A Buddy of mine moved up to Belleville, KS. He is looking for a good diesel shop in that area. So far all he has found is a local dealer and he's not impressed. If anyone has a recommendation PM me. thanks!

Short Bus

Reaction score
im 45 min south in Minneapolis. I do repair work on the side, specialize in 7.3's but ive just started dipping into the 6.0's. I really dont know who else is around here, Ive heard of a shop down in Inman ks thats supposed to be pretty good but thats probably 2-2.5 hrs from belleville. Have him give me a shout 785-488-8156 if he needs some work done.

PowerJunkie

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I will pass on the info, he will appreciate it, as do I. He's been a gas motor guy all his life and only bought this truck on my recommendation. He likes the truck, but, now I can't work on it for him. I just want to make sure he has someone, other than the last place he took it, as a "Go To" guy. On another note, Short Bus, how did you make the '03 axles work in your '96? I thought they were too wide for an OBS? Thanks again.
Rick

Short Bus

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I will pass on the info, he will appreciate it, as do I. He's been a gas motor guy all his life and only bought this truck on my recommendation. He likes the truck, but, now I can't work on it for him. I just want to make sure he has someone, other than the last place he took it, as a "Go To" guy. On another note, Short Bus, how did you make the '03 axles work in your '96? I thought they were too wide for an OBS? Thanks again.
Rick

They are the same width as an obs. I bought a reverse shackle kit for the front and used factory obs brackets in the rear then bought new brake lines since the trucks use different fittings.

PowerJunkie

Reaction score
Cool! Thanks for the info. I will look into that. It seems the newer axles, at least down here, aren't as expensive as the '97 and older Dana 60's. I'm not looking to do the Baja 1000 in my truck I just want to get rid of the TTB axle.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.