Need a new fuel pump...

Lang

Reaction score
Suggestions to replace stocker? It's humming loudly an think it's otw out... Like to have 1 in tool box for when it goes. OEM is $300+ from what I was quoted, which I think is absurd for a fuel pump.

DocBar

Reaction score
You might want to consider a dual stock pump set up. That way, if one craps out, the 2nd one can still let you limp home.

Like Joe said, check out some of the aftermarket vendors and forget the stealership as much as possible.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
They are not on the website but i have the direct replacement bosch pumps for $140 also. Same pump as oe but without bracket and wiring (which you xfer from your old pump).

Misunderstood by my stupid smart phone!

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
My webstore is missing soooo much stuff right now...not enough hours in a day.

Trapper

Reaction score
Dennis you have a good web page. You just won't ever have everything on it. Its inevitable. Once ya think you have everything there ya forgot something. I suggested the Walbro since there cheep and there better than the factory stuff.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Be careful... Calling them better isnt entirely accurate. They flow more but they carry no warranty with diesel fuel use and have not proven themselves to be anywhere near as reliable as the oe bosch pump.

Trapper

Reaction score
Maybe the OE pump is just more tolerable to trash in the fuel. Walbros hate it. I've had them last 5 years. And less than a week.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I talked to walbro about using that pump with diesel. They specifically said it was not designed with diesel in mind and that it carried NO warranty if used with diesel. The problem is that diesel fuel has different electrical properties and causes accelerated brush wear in wet motor inline pumps that are not built using the correct materials. the OE pump was built under contract with ford...designed, tested and rated for diesel fuel use...etc. The walbro will work...the question is "for how long?". Ive had people call me for advice after their walbro died in only a few months...and it wasnt a "trash" problem unless they all had faulty pre-pump filters. This is just a case of buyer beware.

'94IDITurbo7.3

Reaction score
interesting info on the walbro pump for sure. was thinking of getting one, but gonna strongly reconsider now. there is no money saved once you do something for the second time........

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've had two pumps fail in 180k...One factory with no warranty, and one Walbro with a warranty.

Factory one cost me $190 to replace, the Walbro cost me $4.99 Shipping.

Old OutLaw

Reaction score
if you're not running bigger than stage I's this one is working well for me after a year.....

you need Adobe to read this, but it's interesting....

Carter P74221 :

Attachments

• fts3(1)(1) 2.pdf
    453.3 KB · Views: 72

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.