Need a new stereo....

stroker96

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a factory 6 disc radio in my 08. It won't play, change, or even eject the CDs. It also won't stop making funny noises like its trying to change CDs after I shut the truck off... So I was wondering if there was a popular aftermarket stereo that you guys are using in these trucks?? I don't need anything super fancy but I'd like to stay close to a factory smooth look. Thanks for any input!!

jdc753

Reaction score
For me personally it's kinda all or nothing, I love the fancy gadgets. So to me if you were looking to stay factory or simple and on the cheap then I would just get another factory unit from someone who upgraded. Might be able to do a factory nav unit if you wanted to go that route but then you will have to double check on GPS antenna and the integration that will go along with the added features.

Nowadays with the double dins it is all about feature packs with wifi enabled and pandora on the radio as well as many other features.

Just looking quick this might be a nice cheap option, http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_74910_JVC-KWV-20BT.html

Basically any of the name brand units will give you good service and mostly comes down to budget and aesthetics preference. Right now it seems to me that Kenwood rules the world in the double din market, and Pioneer always makes a solid unit too.

stroker96

Reaction score
Thanks for the info man. Yeah I'm also in the same boat of "all or nothing" if I'm replacing something. Realisticly I'd like to spend about $1k said and done. I can probably install myself but I'm not a huge fan of electrical stuff..

sredmyer

Reaction score
Personally, I like to stay with OEM stuff. This outfit offers a fully plug-n-play kit to upgrade the '08 super duty to the newer Ford OEM hard drive based navigation with Sync.

The kit is a good bit more than the $1K you were looking to spend but the end result is fully OEM navigation with integrated hard drive for storing your music (the system will actually rip each CD as you listen to it and save the music to the built in hard drive). Playlists can then be created from the stored music providing a "jukebox" type feature.

The system also includes Sync which provides Bluetooth integration allowing complete hands free use of your mobile phone as well as media device management via voice commands.

Steve

Latest posts

Members online