need assistance asap

sinisterpstroke

Reaction score
well guys i need some opinions of what has happened drove the truck this morning to a car show driving back started ticking and white smoking so automatically i assumed was injector mustve been sticking open so stopped in a parking lot got it towed home needless to say its set in the driveway all afternoon well went and put scanner on it to pull codes and right before i did wanted to started to back it into garage nothing guessing hydro locked yet again and checked the oil and there looks to be fuel in it so any help would be greatly appreciated oh and happy 4th of july

907DAVE

Reaction score
Injector crush washer or nozzle. Pull GP's and turn engine by and and see which hole spits fuel.

Pull that injector and see whats up.

907DAVE

Reaction score
BTW, look for wetness around the up pipe to manifold connection. That will be your problem bank.

sinisterpstroke

Reaction score
is there any possibility of a ring being messed up this happened a while back when replacing them already and it hydro locked im assuming from rushing and not getting all the oil out

sinisterpstroke

Reaction score
thats what im hoping for because its being a nightmare but all good buying another 6.4 next week just really like driving the 7.3 because its a great truck :doh: probably cycling the ignition with the fuel system didnt help with the injector not being seated if so

sinisterpstroke

Reaction score
so the fuel in the oil is probably from the injector leaking into the combustion chamber im assuming dave? probably not a project im gonna start today just wanting to get an idea before tearing into it and id rather have yalls opinion then anyone elses

sinisterpstroke

Reaction score
thanks man ill probably take a hit at it this weekend i suppose for right now just have to hi jack my dads f350 oh well:redspotdance: appreciate the help dave and tomang im gonna drain the oil out and refill after i do the injectors and get it unlocked

907DAVE

Reaction score
Be sure to check the torque of the hold down bolts on the rest of the injectors. If ANY are loose pull that injector and re-seal it.

sinisterpstroke

Reaction score
im pretty sure i did this right last time but does the top hold down bolt need to be bottomed out and then the bottom one torqued i just wanna make sure i was doing it right

907DAVE

Reaction score
Yup. Dont be scared to give the injectors a little love tap from a rubber mallet to seat them. I like to do this before I torque them, then once again and double check the torque.

sinisterpstroke

Reaction score
alright man i gave it a couple guessing i was alittle worried that if i slammed them in too hard they might bottom out or bend a nozzle tip wasnt for sure

TARM

Reaction score
plastic/poly Deadblow hammer is great for that. With some o rings there is no way a injector would get properly seated otherwise with just normal hand pressure.

sinisterpstroke

Reaction score
well got them pulled will be getting shipped out tomorrow number 5 and 7 were completely carboned up to the first oring and copper washer was burned in half

TARM

Reaction score
Glad you found the issue. Make sure and get them firmly seated this time. Check with a straight edge across the tops and tighten the bolts with a tq wrench.

sinisterpstroke

Reaction score
Had to pull the motor had some major issues not to mention main bearing were gone so pretty much rebuilt entire engine just good to be back AWOL for 2 years lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.