Need exhaust help. Resonator?

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I just had a MBRP 4" TB exhaust (with muffler, no cat)put on my truck while it was in for studs. It has a good deep tone to it during acceleration. It sounds good, except for the in cab drone around 2000 RPM. Wonder if a resonator would help get rid of that? Will it hurt the performance of the exhaust system at all? I like the "big block" sound of the exhaust, I just cant deal with the drone at highway speed, or even when it idles a little high when its cold.

GreasyFingers

Reaction score
A FTE resonator is the way to go, drone is completely gone and still has a nice deep rumble.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
It is a 30" one. Mounted just past the downpipe if I remember right..

neverkickn

Reaction score
FTE resonator and MBRP muffler here and It is almost as quiet as stock in cab now.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I'm not sure Jesse. I had it put on while it was in for studs. I'm out of town right now. I'll check when I get home. I assume it has markings on the muffler?

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
You can mount a muffler reverse and it won't be nearly as effective, keeping some of the throatiness and drone.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
TJ would know, he's the one that bolted it in there lol

It is installed the correct way. I can see where it would sound different if flipped around. Maybe Jesse can explain better what the effects would be and what is down in the muffler, but it is flowing in the right direction.

chappy

Reaction score
I had a fte resonator on my truck and took it off. It did sound great still and no drone. I like it now though because its to loud and thats what i like.

Latest posts

Members online