Need help 06 f350 vibration

Alexslo1k

Reaction score
Whats up powerstroke family.
I have an issue that is driving me insane. I have an 06 F350 SRW CCSB.
The truck is studded and stock down pipe to a 4" all the way back no resonator or cat.
Just recently I noticed that when at a light the truck has a slight vibration, as soon as i let off the brakes and start to accelerate it goes away.
it drives perfectly fine I don't believe it has lost any power either.
I also have an sct tuner on it that I am daily driving on the performance setting.
Feels great btw. I did try restoring to stock but the vibration is still there.
ICP warm idle is 585-600
IPR at warm idle is around 23-24%
Oil changed less 800 miles ago.
FICM is at 48.5
I am stumped on what can cause this vibration.

Thanks in advance for are your help.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Does it have a sound to it as well? Check and make sure all the turbo bolts are on and tight, especially the one by the ficm. The check and make sur the exhaust is not hitting the trans crossmember.

Godofdew11

Reaction score
Sounds to me like the exhaust is rubbing on the tranny crossmember. Loosen all the hangers and clamps, and the downpipe clamp and push it as high away from the crossmember as possible and retighten. Mine is pretty bad right now, trying to wait for warm weather to crawl under there

Alexslo1k

Reaction score
Okay guys a little update.
The truck left me stranded about a week ago. The IPR valve took a crap.
New oem IPR valve installed.
Once the truck is up to temp I have this weird miss or stumble, it only happens at a stop light in drive. the minute i release the brake and accelerate everything feels normal.
However this miss or stumble is getting extremely annoying.
Now this is not like a miss as if where on 7 cyl only its like a slight hiccup.
I did power brake it slowly and noticed that between 800 and 1000 RPM it is very noticeable again this is only when she is up to operating temps, actually Ive notice it start right around 165 EOT. If I throw it in Neutral at a light you cant feel anything and it feels very smooth.Once I put it back in drive I feel the miss.
Thanks,
Alex

Alexslo1k

Reaction score
Has no one else experienced anything like this?
Today I drove to work and it felt almost 100 % normal. Still a very slight hiccup at red lights.

Latest posts

Members online