Need help ASAP removing turbo bolt

LiftedBlackHD

Reaction score
Atempted to change oil cooler and weld up egr cooler today. However im stuck on the rear turbo bolt. I have an early 04 build that has 2 horizontal bolts in front and the vertical one in back.

Bolt rounded off. Tried a biter bit and still cant get it.

My only thought now is to grind it off.

Can I unbolt the pedestal and remove the entire thing?

I can only see 2 pedestal bolts. They are on the drivers side, on top of tne valley of the engine. Where are the otjer pedestal bolts?

Thank you!

Rogue1987

Reaction score
There are two bolts on the passengers side kinda hidden by the turbo right by the egr cooler.

I'm sitting here thinking if you could remove the turbo and pedestal as one. If you did mange to get the two passenger side bolts out I'm not sure if you'd be able to get enough room to roll the pedestal out away from the egr cooler.

Maybe get a real small Pneumatic die grinder in to cut off the top of the rear bolt?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

semmens3

Reaction score
I've used a dremmel with a cut off wheel to cut the rear bolt head off. It's not ideal and takes a while but it does work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

crash86

Reaction score
This actually happened to me the other day and we had the same thought tho pull the pedestal with it, but it ends up even with the intake manifold loose, it will not come out. We ended up using a tig welder, pulled the tungsten out to reach, and melted a nut to it, after that it came right out. Just thought i'd give my experience with this :hammer:

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
sometimes, you can use a easy out socket, I think its 18mm, and lock it on the spacer on the bolt, get a 1/4" ratchet, and use a pry bar against the ratchet...works every time on the real tight ones.

Arisley

Reaction score
This actually happened to me the other day and we had the same thought tho pull the pedestal with it, but it ends up even with the intake manifold loose, it will not come out. We ended up using a tig welder, pulled the tungsten out to reach, and melted a nut to it, after that it came right out. Just thought i'd give my experience with this :hammer:

That is what I would have done, had to do it a few times.

Latest posts