Need help asap

bigbear5014

Reaction score
I have a 2006 ford f350 6.0 with egr delete, powermaxx turbo, sinister diesel coolant filter, edge tuner, and 4 inch turbo back exhaust to 2 7 inch stacks. I left yesterday from sauk centre to hesd to the cities ran fan on my way back i changed my tune to the economy tune and when i get on it its been making a popping and crackling noise from my exhaust. On the highest tune it barely does it. What could this possibly be ? I tested the ficm and the ficm is reading normal. Really hoping its not injectors

bigbear5014

Reaction score
Ok so returned my tune to stock tuning and problem went away any ideas why jt would be acting this way

bigbear5014

Reaction score
It does a little bit its like its back firing through the exhaust. I did a bubble test and absolutely no air bubbles came up could it possibly be the fuel pressure regulator spring ive got no codes or anything. I have also upgraded the banjo bolts to the 6.4 ones without the check valve

swinky

Reaction score
It does a little bit its like its back firing through the exhaust. I did a bubble test and absolutely no air bubbles came up could it possibly be the fuel pressure regulator spring ive got no codes or anything. I have also upgraded the banjo bolts to the 6.4 ones without the check valve
What tuner?

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Buddy of mines did that back firing type stuff and he had to put injectors in it. He did try a whole lpf system before sending the injectors out and it didn't help.

bigbear5014

Reaction score
Got awesome news this morning from my mechanic. He changed the oil on my truck because he said it was really thin and smelled terrible. Last oil change was 4200 miles ago and i used rotella t6 5w40 synthetic which in the cold months of living in minnesota is not a bad idea well it thinned out really quick and causing my lifters to not work properly because of thinness of oil. He did the oil change with amsoil 15w40 and the popping went away :) iam one happy man

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.