need help deciding

superduty6.0

Reaction score
To start off I need injectors. I have about 2500 to spend. What do you guys recomend? I was looking at 190s with a regulated return. Any better ideas or setups? I am fairly new to all the injector fuel system options.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
190/100's are a good injector.
Regulated return would be a good chioce as well with the bigger injectors. You MAY need more HPO for those injectors though. Terminator or Diesel site or Elite can hook you up there. And new tunes would be needed also. Plus transmission work if your running a stock 5r right now.

superduty6.0

Reaction score
190/100's are a good injector.
Regulated return would be a good chioce as well with the bigger injectors. You MAY need more HPO for those injectors though. Terminator or Diesel site or Elite can hook you up there. And new tunes would be needed also. Plus transmission work if your running a stock 5r right now.

Tranny is not stock. should probably add that I have studs and gaskets, new oil cooler, egr delete, coolant filter, and intake exhaust.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I would throw 175/75% Injectors in it. You would have solid fueling for that stock turbo, and still be able to fully support a Garrett Powermax down the road

175's are about the best size out there right now.

Jared @ RCD

05wh250

Reaction score
Man i just did 190/100's in my truck ( already had a powermax) but if your set on 190's i would run the stocker and save up for something bigger. Mine at half throttle on a street tune smokes like a freight train and gets hot quick. Im leaning toward a mtw stage 3. Gotta decide on that or a trans next

superduty6.0

Reaction score
I would throw 175/75% Injectors in it. You would have solid fueling for that stock turbo, and still be able to fully support a Garrett Powermax down the road

175's are about the best size out there right now.

Jared @ RCD

ok thanks Jared. I was just on the phone with someone at RCD and we talked about 190/100's, but if you think I would be better running the 175/75's I would. I will be doing a bigger turbo in a couple years probably.
Hoping to get the injectors pulled out tonight and sent in Friday.

PGreenSVT

Reaction score
The Powermax can not even handle 175/75's cleanly. Adding bigger injectors without adding more air isn't going to get you much. The MTW runs way better than a Powermax and with your funds you could throw a set of 155/30's and an MTW stage 1 turbo and be a whole lot better off than just throwing 175/75's at a stock turbo. Just something to think about.

superduty6.0

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm doing 190/100's... Is it a waste of money for the regulated return kit? Should I just buy an air dog instead? Plan on doing an MTW stage 2 next year.

Was just reading on another forum that the air dog is hard to get tuned with the regulated return. Due there being 2 regulators with both installed.

AllanB

Reaction score
Your buisness what ya do. But I would listen to the guys on here that are trying to tell you that 190/100 are WAYYYY to much fuel for a stock turbo. I might be wrong, but I would just about bet you will not be able to do any towing like that. I run 190/100 and changed to a 64/71/70 non vgt at the same time I went to the 190's. It is a good setup, but even that turbo will not clean up the 190/100's. Like I said, not my buisness, but if it were me. I would go the other direction. I would go with the air first, and fuel second. Might help keep your motor living longer. JMO

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The air dog isn't worth it. Aeromotive marine grade a1100 to a regulated return, keep those 190s happy and you can have both for less than an Airdog

Jhaddox

Reaction score
The Injectors can be tuned down to work with the stock turbo...my theory is get the size injectors you want now, detune them and then turn them up when you get the turbo you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superduty6.0

Reaction score
The Injectors can be tuned down to work with the stock turbo...my theory is get the size injectors you want now, detune them and then turn them up when you get the turbo you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was my line of thinking as well... No sense getting stock or 155 injectors now and buying a small turbo... Especially when I know I want bigger! Lol

Latest posts

Members online