need help diagnosing a p2263 code

diesel_fan

Reaction score
Alright long story short I've got a stage 1 elite engine with a 76 atmo 30% industrial injectors and I'm using a spartan for now. My question is I keep getting a p2263 code so the first thing I do is take off my intake and drop my DP to check for play in the atmo and there isn't any. Next I take the heat shield off in preparation to check the HP turbo and to my surprise I see soot everywhere its obvious that some no count "diesel shop" in Casper Wyoming failed to put two bolts in that mate the turbos. My question is this will that be the reason that I'm getting a code or do I have other problems? I can hit the go pedal and I can see a puff of smoke everytime under the hood

Last edited:

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Those bolts are not supposed to be in the turbos. It's for removing the turbos as a whole assembly

Pull the exhaust back pressure sensor off of the driverside up pipe and clean it.

Edit. The gasket between the turbos cod be fubared.

diesel_fan

Reaction score
Well the build has 6000 miles on it and its a pretty good puff of soot coming from between the turbos. I'm guessing besides the mess there shouldn't be any other harm done? I plan on going with a 59 on the high side and a waste gate soon once I recoup some funds from the build I'm guessing a new gasket kit can wait till then?

Latest posts

Members online