Need help finding a grommet for firewall

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I have a grommet I'm trying to find. Its a rubber grommet about 1.5" to 2" in diameter. If you are inside the truck, under the dash looking up, its a few inches to the left of where the brake pedal rod goes through the firewall. I'm not sure if maybe that's where the rod for the clutch would be on a manual truck or what.

My problem is that it was used when Best Buy put my alarm in several years ago. They used it to pass wires through and basically destroyed it. When I had my new alarm put in, the shop put some dynomat over it but its just not holding. So I would like to replace the grommet and fix it correctly. The problem is I can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know what its called or what I need to ask for? Thanks

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I'm wondering if its supposed to be something more like this instead of a grommet?

FirewallPlug.jpg

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I talked to my guy at the Ford Dealership. He told me:

"They are calling it a clutch delete patch....I know what you are talking about, I always run my amp power cord through there. List is 33.03....cost you 26.81 w/tax would have to order"

So he ordered one for me. We'll see how it looks when it gets here, probably tomorrow.

Latest posts