Need help, possible damage from water in fuel

neverkickn

Reaction score
Drained this from my water seperator this morning. It is a little over a cup of water. I drain it about once a month or so.

I got a little curious about fuel quality because I have developed a miss/stumble at idle all the time, warm or cold. It is not HPO related. I am making plenty of pressure and the ipr valves and icp sensor are new brand new.

I have never drained this much water before so I am wondering if the water seperator should catch it all. Is it possible to pass water to the injectors even with a good seperator if the fuel has enough water in it?

I have fueled up at the same place for over a couple of months now so I know where it came from. Anyone that has dealt with this, how should I go about compensation if I can determine that the damage is water related?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    318 KB · Views: 76

neverkickn

Reaction score
Drained the remaining fuel out of the tank today and changed the filters. The post pump filter had about a half of a cup of water in it and both filters were rusted. Both filters where put on in mid september. I filled it with fresh fuel and some power service clean diesel and it still runs like ass.

Last edited:

neverkickn

Reaction score
The one on the left is from the post pump filter and the one on the right is from the pre pump water seperator. The fuel that I drained from the tank didn't have any visible water in it. It did smell funky though, kinda what it smells like at the composting facility where I take all of my yard waste. I think that it might be time send the injectors off for a look over.

Attachments

• fuel.jpg
    fuel.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I have a buddy that saves every fuel reciept with mileage on it so he can prove stuff like this, honestly I'd start doing that. Also may talk to your insurance, I know a few 6.4 guys have had their whole fuel system trashed by bad fuel and the insurance company paid for it.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I know a dealership that put five duramax fuel systems in and made the citgo station pay for them.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Not really... Fuel pressure is always more then coolant pressure...

Fuel pressure- 50psi+
Coolant pressure- 10-15psi MAX...

Powersmokin32

Reaction score
I have been running into finding water in fuel a lot lately. Mostly in off road fuels. But I had a kubota the other day that would run like AZZ changed filters, fuel, etc. Restarted it and after running new clean fuel thru it it ran fine still no problems. I don't know why there has been so much water in fuel, but right now I have been seeing a few cases of water in fuel.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have been seeing the same. The Citgo station wouldn't pay until the dealership sent someone over there incognegro and they put diesel in a new, clean fuel can filmed it and watched the water separate. I don't.get fuel there anymore!

Latest posts

Members online