Need help /rudys billet filter cap

Jlyl248

Reaction score
I bought the billet fuel and oil filter caps and installed in july when last service was done. Today during my service the oil came off no problem, then did the fuel, it was coming undone for a bit then stopped. Used a pull bar, pipe, filter ratchet strap (which made an indention from pulling and no movement, even did the filter strap while my dad used the pipe and pull bar, no movement! Anyone else have a problem with these? Im at a loss on anything else to try. My truck is stranded here now, it wont even tighten up. I did the same thing ive been doing for three years so im stuck on what to do. Thanks

Jlyl248

Reaction score
I drained and removed the frame mounted filter and removed the plug on the cap

Twan

Reaction score
I had the billit caps, my fuel filter (upper) one welded its self to the housing, had to replace my housing, I went back to stock caps after that.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
The bad part about aluminum on aluminum is it's really easy to booger the threads up and once that happens it goes bad fast. I always use grease on the threads of mine and never tighten it much

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Yeah it is very much "welded" what's a new housing run? Simple DIY? Yeah I wish I would've added some grease. I believe i'll go back to the plastic ....

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I have a fuel housing if you are looking for one bud. I would even send it to you with the OEM plastic cap on it. Let me know if you need it.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Have you tried to tighten it back up some. Might as well try if you plan on replacing it now anyways.
I would try to tighten it and hit the top of the cap with a hammer.
Or do like the roughnecks do, hit it with a hammer till it comes off.

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Yeah I tried to tighten it back up. It'd go then just jam up like it did undoing it. Yeah when I go back over there saturday to replace the fuel bowl I was going to hammer it a bit to see if ita budge

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.