NEED HELP W/ MY TRUCK ANYONE CLOSE TO KC, KS AREA

deiter5262

Reaction score
(not sure where to post this guys)

Hey guys i plan on entering my truck in the NHRDA show n shine and running my truck on the dyno in Topeka, KS for the first time! I need someone to help install a new HPOP for me and fix an oil on the back of the motor. Also, i need to get my front leaf spring bushings replaced they squeek all the time and are annoying as hell!

Also,

I might have a carrier bearing out on my drive shaft that needs addressed! Anyone in the KC area that has a lift or shop and wants to help me out and make a little money??

I really don't want to take it to a shop and i have no where to work on it here at my new place Kansas City.

TurdHerder7.3

Reaction score
Let me contact a friend of mine near Atchison. He is a trained Diesel mech and has a personal shop with lift. Also a guy here in Topeka. Hope you find someone, I would be worthless to you.

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
Sorry guys. Myself and vanderchevy18 are about 3.5hrs away and fordfreakforlife is a few hours farther west. If we were closer I would be all for helping you out!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I don't have a lift but I would be more than happy to help. You would be surprised how much I can do with what little I have! LOL You're welcome to come this way and I'll fix ya up.

deiter5262

Reaction score
Where is Benton, Ks at Vander? I really do need to get my oil leak fixed. I will be at NHRDA drags on Saturday guys, if you see me come say hi. I'll be putting my truck on the dyno and show n shine. I didn't change out stock HPOP like I had wanted, we are going to see what Beans tuning and BDP stage 2's register on the dyno.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
If you want some work done at the races i would be more than happy to tear into it... come find vander(chris) or I at his truck... he will have tools and him and i can do work n a hell of a hurry if you have the parts.... we will find your oil leak and get it fixed if at all possible

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
If you want some work done at the races i would be more than happy to tear into it... come find vander(chris) or I at his truck... he will have tools and him and i can do work n a hell of a hurry if you have the parts.... we will find your oil leak and get it fixed if at all possible

You forgot to tell him to bring beer in exchange for work! :shocked:

dirtboy25

Reaction score
What part of KC? I'm an hour south of O'lathe.

Unfortunately my schedule is pretty tied up this weekend. I'm off until tuesday, If I can make time I can probably swing up there one night.

Edit: I didn't realize this thread was almost a month old. Have you gotten everything fixed yet?

deiter5262

Reaction score
Nope, haven't gotten it fixed. I live up in Prairie Village area right now but work down south in Overland Park, Ks.

I will be there Saturday guys w/ beer in hand, honestly i had someone tell me that it could be valve cover gaskets I find that hard to believe. I will look you guys up. We will have to find out where it is coming from and diagnose it before I can get parts unfortunately.

Look forward to meeting ya'll!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Highly doubt valve cover. You need to clean the living crap out of the engine and check to see exactly where its coming from.

Shootingstar

Reaction score
If the motor has been apart ck the oil dipstick tube. The o-ring was missing on mine and it can make a hell of a mess in a hurry.

deiter5262

Reaction score
Not dipstick, i did check that actually. (the motor has only had injectors/glow plugs done to it) I had a C-12 cat do that to me once when I was back working for as a shop mangr after college for a while. I think it is something to do with the turbo but maybe need to put die in the oil or simply clean the hell out of it ..then check.

Latest posts

Members online