Need help with parts PLEASE!

STR8LINE

Reaction score
I think I have a busted EGR cooler, Iam Hopeing and preying it hasnt blowed the hg's! truck is parked untill work begins.. Money is tight rightnow since I just got "Unemployed" in the last qouple days. Not too mention the rest of the HellLacious string of Freak'd up luck.. Just saying

Ok, so what I need is The Best prices you guys know of and where I can start ordering the stuff I NEED.. I want all kinds lol But What do I Really Need?

#1 Stainless EGR delete from EGRdelete.com $150
http://egr-delete-kit.com/products/5-2007-ford-powerstroke-egr-delete-kit.aspx

#2 Do I Really Need an New oil cooler? Im thinking I do.. idk for sure. Where is the Best place too get one?

#3 Coolant Filter? again, Im thinking yea.. Best place?

#4 Also, while Iam into there.. are 6.4 banjo's and blue spring Worth it, what advantages will I get from them? If so where is the Best place too get them?

Next step after this stuff (IF hg's are ok for now) will be SCT, Im thinking Livewire.. Then exhaust 4" TB or 5"? and also an aftermarket air filter and Zoodad

Iam in a Metric sh!T TON of troubles here.. Just Trying too do the Best with what little ca$h I have at the moment ALL help and suggestions will be Greatly Appreciated! Thanks fellows

Matt

STR8LINE

Reaction score
How about this..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb84db4c1

and this..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/6-0L...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6b201239

And I also found this EGR delete kit even cheaper than the other one.. It is zinc coated steel tho, Stainless up pipe tho.. Hmmm $20 cheaper and they are just a state away lol Seriously tho fellows, will this work good in your opinions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EGR-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0e53af90

Atsah

Reaction score
I would buy name brand only.. Sinister, RCD ect.. Clogged oil coolers cause EGR cooler failures so buy a rebuild kit or replace the oil cooler.. I think the least of your concern right now should be performance modifications but for what it's worth, leave your stock intake, the 6.0 intake works well and your going to get any better filtering out of spending money on a aftermarket system.. As far as a tuner, 6.0's like the SCT I hear but I never had one so I can't tell ya.. Exhaust, 4 inch turbo back.. MBRP is what I have and I like it..

Atsah

Reaction score
As far as the 6.4 bolts, I don't have them but I do have the upgraded FPR kit.. Very important to keep your fuel pressure up otherwise your injectors won't last long.. $72.00 from the dealer..

STR8LINE

Reaction score
I would buy name brand only.. Sinister, RCD ect.. Clogged oil coolers cause EGR cooler failures so buy a rebuild kit or replace the oil cooler.. I think the least of your concern right now should be performance modifications but for what it's worth, leave your stock intake, the 6.0 intake works well and your going to get any better filtering out of spending money on a aftermarket system.. As far as a tuner, 6.0's like the SCT I hear but I never had one so I can't tell ya.. Exhaust, 4 inch turbo back.. MBRP is what I have and I like it..

Thank you sir! I also like name brand.. But, in this case your talking over double the denaro's!! and for what really? These other kits look just as good as far as a qouple pipes and a blockoff plate goes... Just wandering if there Really is a difference in the egr delete kits?

and the performance side Is least of concerns RightNow in this situation.. But, still a concern. But for the record, i hadnt planned on an after market air intake 'system' But just rather a Better Filter for my factory airbox, as I will be changeing Fluids, filters and the like.. Iam sure the stocker is Dirty!!

STR8LINE

Reaction score
As far as the 6.4 bolts, I don't have them but I do have the upgraded FPR kit.. Very important to keep your fuel pressure up otherwise your injectors won't last long.. $72.00 from the dealer..

ok, Awesome I Deffinately Need the blue spring then! Good too Know why. So the banjos are more for Performance then longevity huh..

Atsah

Reaction score
ok, Awesome I Deffinately Need the blue spring then! Good too Know why. So the banjos are more for Performance then longevity huh..

Some guys do use the 6.4 bolts but IMO, I really don't think there needed.. There is a guy on here that welds EGR coolers up, pressure tests them and sells them.. All you need to do is send him your core after you install his and he does it cheap.. "hawgdoctor" is his screen name.. I have talked to him a few times, he is a nice guy to deal with.. PM him and talk to him about it..

STR8LINE

Reaction score
I could tig weld My cooler and Have it pressure tested I guess.. Or, just make a test for it also. But, I really want too just delete it while Iam in there Im thinkin.. Iam ready too order parts, just up in the air about which ones exactly I should go with. I Want too save the money, but just tryin too figure out if there is a significant difference in the sinister EGR kits and all the others.. I made an offer for one off Ebay wolla go, we'll see how it goes.

Any more opinions guys?

Atsah

Reaction score
Maybe open a new thread with PSA vendors in the title.. I'm sure they have what you need..

STR8LINE

Reaction score
I got a brand new EGR delete from Customdiesel out of TN for $100 shipped too my door.. It is Stainless up pipe and zinc coated steel coolant pipe and blockoff plate, I think they will last.

Iam thinking of going ahead an ordering the Synister coolant filtration kit for $129 shipped rightnow..

And Iam waiting too hear back from Sunriseford here on psa for price on New oil cooler, Intake gaskets, VC-9 and also pricing on blue FPR spring and 6.4 banjo bolts..

Anything else Iam gonna Need? or that I Should Do while Iam a doing?? Thank you Very Much Man and anybody else who wants too chime in for that matter

Matt

Latest posts

Members online