Need input on CAC pipe

sandpiperx

Reaction score
Hello

Getting ready to install new cac pipe. need some ideas on the best tool to cut out the area for the pipe to fit correct.

Just wanted to know what anyone else used that made the cut correct.

thanks for your time.

CT9AIX

Reaction score
I'm assuming your talking about the cold side pipe... Just use a dremel tool to make a nice smooth radius where it needs the clearance. If I remember correctly the radiator support is made out of magnesium or aluminum so it grinds away easily.

sandpiperx

Reaction score
Correct. Cold side pipe and I also have a dremel. I appreciate the input. i thought about that just wanted some other opinions.

thanks CT

silver6four

Reaction score
I think I just used a 4" angle grinder with a cut off wheel. Took like 3-5 min tops.. used some black touch up paint and done. Very quick easy job. I actually removed my support tho just to be safe.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I always recommend loosen support, install cac pipe and mark the area needing removing with a sharpie, then remove support, throw it in a vice and have at it, file it smooth. test fit with masking tape on cac pipe where the support could touch to avoid scratching in case enough isn't cut on the first go. dremel, die grinder work just fine.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I always recommend loosen support, install cac pipe and mark the area needing removing with a sharpie, then remove support, throw it in a vice and have at it, file it smooth. test fit with masking tape on cac pipe where the support could touch to avoid scratching in case enough isn't cut on the first go. dremel, die grinder work just fine.

pretty much how we install them, dremil tool works well

sandpiperx

Reaction score
Perfect. thanks for the input. I will be working on it next week to install. need to order the pipe asap.

have a great day.

m

Latest posts

Members online