need some advise

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
well as most of yall know ive been running the mpd 72 single with 100% nozzles and have had it back about a month and keep having exhuast leak issues with it.. its been back to aarons three times now to get this resolved and we are both baffled on why im still getting an exhuast leak since nobody else seems to be having these issues. its leaking right around the exhuast mainifolds.. hes redone the gaskets and put good silicone on them and most recently had the manifolds resurfaced. ive ruled out too much boost since ive only seen 62 drive pressure, and im running the smaller tunes (kem 250 and 275) too help cruising egts (700-800).. looking for ideas on what my next steps should be to get this thing running the way i planned it to before i just part it out and sale it... thanks

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Is it a certain cylinder that keeps blowing out?
And one you should never use rtv and a gasket it makes it twice as bad

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
The rears and don't think It's rtv, Aaron uses it on the race truck, this last time cruising egts where 7-800 and I havnt had it over 1500 since I've got it back..

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
And it blew out already? somethings not right if it is blowing out just cruising...

BFT

Reaction score
Only way to see is putting a straight edge but each flange is separate from the next, if I remember correctly?

I remember helping out nathannial installing the manifolds and using other bolts because they were a bit too long. I think maybe the spacers were a bit short.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
I agree with the straight edge. put a straight edge on the manifolds and on the side of the block. Cant really see it being the bolts as long as their torqued down properly.

08KingRanchF250

Reaction score
Exactly Im just stumped, just getting aggravated with it.. its going back to Aarons tomorrow so we will see. I'll say something about maybe using the straight edge, and if the heads where warped aaron would've told me while they where off or going back on

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Exactly Im just stumped, just getting aggravated with it.. its going back to Aarons tomorrow so we will see. I'll say something about maybe using the straight edge, and if the heads where warped aaron would've told me while they where off or going back on
If the issue continue we can send you new manifolds but i dont see it being the manifold if it was machined completly flat

Matt

Reaction score
Not a dig at Aaron and company, but perhaps bringing it to the actual maker of the set up (mpd) would help? Again not a stab at Aaron, but a second set of eyes on they problem wouldn't hurt.

pog

Reaction score
Not a dig at Aaron and company, but perhaps bringing it to the actual maker of the set up (mpd) would help? Again not a stab at Aaron, but a second set of eyes on they problem wouldn't hurt.

i think distance is an issue for that

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I know this will just band aid the issue.
I have great luck with Earl Pressure seal on headers for gas engines.
The other thing on the manifold bolts I dont know if it is the same or not, but on headers for gas engines you need to tighten the bolts after the first few heat cycles.

Smokyred

Reaction score
The rears and don't think It's rtv, Aaron uses it on the race truck, this last time cruising egts where 7-800 and I havnt had it over 1500 since I've got it back..

If it's just the rears it sounds like the up pipes are expanding and pushing the manifolds away from the heads. That used to happen a lot to guys with 7.3's when they built mount kits without bellows in the up pipes. I assume the MPD kit has bellows though right?

Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.