Need some programmer advice

Cody Ferguson

Reaction score
I have a 2012 f250, performance wise it's completely stock right now. I'm wanting to do exhaust and some kind of programmer. What do you guys think is the best way to go?

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
:whs: Personally, I'd get a Spartan and a 5in flo-pro, PTP and Rudy's Diesel have tuner packages, you may want to check them out. You can order your tuner,exhaust, intake, and EGR delete(I think you can on both, and you can select "none" for the EGR delete or any of the other items if you want).
I'm sure others, with experience, will chime in soon, but the benefits to each are as follows(at least IMO):
H&S: Allows more non tuning functions(brights and fogs, and I think a Nav/DVD unlock) but you should verify this, I haven't looked in quite some time. MCC tuning, which allows you to custom tune your truck yourself(or download other custom tunes from other MCC users)
Spartan: Uses the dashdaq, which, from my understanding, is one of, if not the best monitoring devices out, so you have tons of parameters you can monitor.

Either way, I don't think you can make a wrong choice, and there are reps from both companies on the forum, good luck :ford:

WHY NOT

Reaction score
:
H&S: Allows more non tuning functions(brights and fogs, and I think a Nav/DVD unlock) but you should verify this,

This is wrong. The H&S has nothing to do with the Nav or head lights

H&S does allow you to lower/ turn off the TPMS sensors and does have the option of custom tuning though MCC

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
This is wrong. The H&S has nothing to do with the Nav or head lights

H&S does allow you to lower/ turn off the TPMS sensors and does have the option of custom tuning though MCC

Sombish! Sorry! Could've sworn H&S had more "extras" shows what I know… :pointlaugh:
I just looked, I think I pulled the Nav out of my azz, but there are light features, but they are only for the cummins, sorry about that! IMO the only important thing is the actual tuning/gauges though, and MCC is quite appealing(although I wish there was a high idle feature like the Ram trucks).

Sent from the Bayou

sootie

Reaction score
go with an older H&S race tuner and a 5" flo-pro straight pipe. possibly even an H&S egr delete.

i actually have all of these items (used) sitting at my shop i would like to sell. pm me for price.

powerstroker67

Reaction score
We do have some H+S tuners still in stock if you want to go that direction, Spartans have gotten really popular since the prices have increased so much on the XRT and MINI's that are still available. Give us a call for a package price with intake and exhaust, we stock AFE and MBRP for exhaust deletes and AFE and S+B intakes. Or just visit our website listed below

11STROKER

Reaction score
Hey buddy give me a call and I Will make you a package deal on the tuner intake and exhaust. We offering 140.00 off H&S packages right now

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
I heard spartan tuners do not work on the 2013 6.7s... Why is that? And also, does anyone know if a race mini max works on the 13 models?

SPE

Reaction score
I heard spartan tuners do not work on the 2013 6.7s... Why is that? And also, does anyone know if a race mini max works on the 13 models?

Spartans do not work on the 2013s right now but neither do the H&S tuners. H&S will likely be first but the price is significantly higher for an off-road H&S tuner since they are so hard to obtain.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Spartans do not work on the 2013s right now but neither do the H&S tuners. H&S will likely be first but the price is significantly higher for an off-road H&S tuner since they are so hard to obtain.

…why Spartan no work!? I'd be depressed if there was a chance of me getting a '13(or anything really)

Sent from the Bayou

Latest posts

Members online