Need some suggestions!!!

Kenbasstx

Reaction score
So I ended up with a couple grand in my pocket.... Some how. I'm looking to see what you guys would say if you where in my shoes. I currenty have 4'' all the way back, Livewire, and intake. I'm think about getting a new FICM from sinister ($700 ), a stage two powermaxx from sinister as well ($2,099) and a coolant filtration system too. Ideas? If you guys had about $5K what would you get done to your truck? Also I've already studded it. 05'' 6.oh too

Mdub707

Reaction score
F that. I wouldn't drop a dime with Sinister on their overpriced, stolen goods. They haven't had an original product to their name yet, from what I can tell.

What do you need a new FICM for? Sounds like a quick way to spend $700 for nothing....

I'd go with PHP FICM tuning first on the gryphon which is only $400 and gets you all of their FICM tunes, plus it doubles as a monitor.

A coolant filter is a good idea, I like the dieselsite unit. Sinister just copies people like dieselsite and paints it blue, marks it up and sells it to the consumer all while never really knowing anything or coming up with anything on their own. JMO.

Talk to James Barder or KC Turbo's on here, both are good turbo options.

I would probably do a set of injectors from Holders Diesel, MPD, or RCD or someone like that, a turbo from Barder or KC (or go non VGT if you want) and enjoy the truck.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
Skip the sinister stuff. Depending on how many thousand dollars you have to spend that will be the determining factor. Injectors, turbo, fuel system would be great mods. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you want me to help you put together a setup that works for you and your budget.

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
F that. I wouldn't drop a dime with Sinister on their overpriced, stolen goods. They haven't had an original product to their name yet, from what I can tell.

What do you need a new FICM for? Sounds like a quick way to spend $700 for nothing....

I'd go with PHP FICM tuning first on the gryphon which is only $400 and gets you all of their FICM tunes, plus it doubles as a monitor.

A coolant filter is a good idea, I like the dieselsite unit. Sinister just copies people like dieselsite and paints it blue, marks it up and sells it to the consumer all while never really knowing anything or coming up with anything on their own. JMO.

Talk to James Barder or KC Turbo's on here, both are good turbo options.

I would probably do a set of injectors from Holders Diesel, MPD, or RCD or someone like that, a turbo from Barder or KC (or go non VGT if you want) and enjoy the truck.
Everything this guy says^^^

Strokin89

Reaction score
Injectors full fuel system and turbo. The php gryphon ficm tuner is a good choice too. Also get some custom tunes

2005 F250 6.0 powerstroke, 6 speed manual, egr delete, arp head studs, new oil cooler, aftermarket coolant filter, custom intake, 4" down pipe into dual 6" stacks, 8" lift, TSD super panty dropper tune.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I agree with what most everyone else has said so far... but a lot will depend on what you plan to do with the truck and what your goals are.

Do you tow?
How heavy?
DD or Play truck?
Do you mind a little smoke?
Any HP goals?
Do you go to the track, dyno, or sled events?
Do you ever want to have to build tranny?

Kenbasstx

Reaction score
I agree with what most everyone else has said so far... but a lot will depend on what you plan to do with the truck and what your goals are.

Do you tow?
How heavy?
DD or Play truck?
Do you mind a little smoke?
Any HP goals?
Do you go to the track, dyno, or sled events?
Do you ever want to have to build tranny?

answers in that order:
1) occasionally
2) Daily driver
3) I'd prefer it not to but I know it comes with the territory
4) I'd Like to be at least in the 550-600 range
5) I do go to Texas motor speedway for the " Run what you brought " events occasionally, and yes I do have a dyno at my disposal, not sled pulling
6) Trannys dont scare me. I could break down and rebuild our stock ones with my eyes closed.

For everyone else that posted thank you for your input. I didnt really see the whole sinister thing until y'all said something but now it makes sense. I just really don't know any other places to order from other than most the main stream sites.

TBagAMouseTrap

Reaction score
I have a barder stage 3 for sell. My sig has dyno and track times. My time slip puts me right above 600hp according to et and mph.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.