Need suspension where to order

Josh0817

Reaction score
Springville New York (30) miles south of Buffalo
I need every possible bar underneath front end only needs to be high enough for 2" up front. Putting king coil overs n quad shocks up front want sway bars as we'll end links if anyone knows someplace I can purchase all or most of these items let me know already got shocks n coil overs coming n have a 4link on. still need mounts ect also looking for rear leafs tht are btwn 2-4" taller than factory n will be nothing but the best.
My reasoning for everything upgraded?
You ever race a high horse truck down ny back roads weaving traffic smashing pothole after pothole after ****ed up bridge expansion so on so fourth? I'll be the first to say with factory suspension it ain't lasting long and I hope ur holding on.
Please let me know. Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

mustube

Reaction score
What does "I need every possible bar underneath front end" mean?

Carli sells the upper coilover mount separate on their website. If you have a 250, you can put 350 blocks in the rear, or a mini pack/new leafs.

BFT

Reaction score
Carli tests their suspension in Baja and ocotillo wells, ca. As far as bars all they have is the trac bar.
I don't think you need a coilover set and 2 extra shocks in the front.

Last edited:

Josh0817

Reaction score
Carli uses king coil overs which what I will be running I just purchased through someone else that has the shocks available that I was looking for. And Carli did not offer the king coil over size that I was looking at from what I understand the coil over they use is for a 4.5" lift I am staying stock height as much as possible.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
My vote is Carli, after riding in one and dealing with the frost heave's we have here during the winter, when funds become available i'm doing a king pin set up (only because I'm already lifted 6"). PMF suspension makes awesome stuff, I just don't have any direct experience with their suspension kits.

Josh0817

Reaction score
ew rear leafs with a softer than factory springs 5" taller than stock, I wont be running any sort of block hope I didn't go too tall. Spoke with PMF got their upgraded drag link coming with 0-4.5" adjustable trackbar and there dual steering stabilizer kit. He was very informative and from the conversation we had he was about the first sales guys ive delt with(besides a select few ive built solid relationships with) tht wasn't ramming his product down my throat bashing other companies claiming fame for ur an idiot if you go elsewhere. I will defiantly deal with them in the future from that one phone conversation. Ive been known to be a jackass with first impressions, so those will make or break a sale for me. They did not offer a lower tierod bar the one connecting both tires to eachother (unsure if that's proper term) but that's how I know it to be. So I am looking for an upgraded version with endlinks/joints. I've seen it once or twice before. Also in search for more drive line mounts to hold tranny and tranfercase dunno if anyone has done that before but ive always disliked the transfercase chillen off the back of my tranny.
Still insearch of the following too
One piece driveshaft Preferably aluminum
swaybars with endlinks front rear
steering shaft from steering wheel to my steering box and newbox as well.

Im running caltracs and need advise to keep running those with my new setup or if I should be looking at different longbar set/up

Im in communication and hopefully will be ordering King coilovers 2.5 taller than stock with king 2.5 custom font rear shocks. decided to only run two in front two in rear. don't need another 1200bucks in four extra shocks that will not be necessary

Thanks for all the suggestion so far. once I start getting some head way on my suspension ill post a couple pics if anyone wants to see..

BFT

Reaction score
I'm assuming you're dead set on coilovers? They have a 2.5 pintop set that levels your truck out with a full progressive leaf pack from deaver. Their shocks are pricey but they are also tuned for the ride and abuse instead of an out of the box shock.

I personally was aiming to get their leveling kit with their tuned king shocks but decided to sell my truck.

Last edited:

Josh0817

Reaction score
hell bent on Coilovers. Ordered leaf pack through PMF should be here in couple weeks still communication trying to get correct length king front n rear shock lengths for the leaf pack set up and the coilovers. should just bought a 4x4 instead of build my own damn Ford. Mine looks much better than the factory 4x4 thou so I guess itll b worth it after my last set of goodies get her.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
hell bent on Coilovers. Ordered leaf pack through PMF should be here in couple weeks still communication trying to get correct length king front n rear shock lengths for the leaf pack set up and the coilovers. should just bought a 4x4 instead of build my own damn Ford. Mine looks much better than the factory 4x4 thou so I guess itll b worth it after my last set of goodies get her.

Josh,

You've got my number dude. Dont be afraid to call me

Josh0817

Reaction score
Oh man don't blow my cover. I was hoping I didn't give out enough info for people to find out who I am. HAHAHA Just kidden. but I am still looking for a few pieces Jared PM your number again. I lost it a little bit ago when I upgraded phones. Missed ya at Aarons last month it was epic this year. Ask Farlow sometime haha

Latest posts

Members online