Need trans help

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
So this is my 04 with 130,xxx on it and some times it will feel like it is shifting into neutral or start out in the wrong gear and when ever it does this the tow haul light flashes and it locks my out of 5th gear. The two codes I get from the trans are a P0766 Shift Solenoid D Performance or stuck off and the other code is a P2703 Transmission Friction Element D Apply Time Range/ Performance. To me it sounds like I am dealing with a solenoid that is messing up but how do I know what one to change out?

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Change solenoid D.

sizeimage.php

Mach5customs

Reaction score
I just had those two codes on my truck and the trans was shot. It is at the shop being rebuilt now, I was told by a friend that those codes generally mean is blown because the solenoids get clogged with friction material.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Oh I bet its on its last legs but I just need it to make some passes down the track and 1 sled pull then it can die LOL

I just had those two codes on my truck and the trans was shot. It is at the shop being rebuilt now, I was told by a friend that those codes generally mean is blown because the solenoids get clogged with friction material.

Latest posts

Members online