New 2015 Ford Superduty 6.7 Updates

Nytefog

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been discussed...
Why in the world would the chassis/cab configuration not get the upgraded engine? I understand all about researching a purchase, but there doesn't seem to be a logical reason for why it wouldn't have the 2nd gen engine. I was just at the Hershey RV show and saw a couple of super nice 2015 Ford chassis conversions and didn't even think to compare engine specs to the older models. :fordoval: :wtf:

I did a lot of research before I ordered the truck in April. The fleet sales manager even recommend I wait for the 2015 because of the engine. It's a work vehicle not a personal one. I had limited information; in April but was told of these glorious updates to the new diesel since I was skeptical after running a 06 e350 6.0 money burner. I would have expected ford to improve to 2015 CC after 4 years of being the same and having tremendous turbo issues while having less power then the SD ' S. I had limited time to order my truck for the business/fleet incentives on the vehicle. I also wanted out if my bad e350 ASAP, but was talked into waiting for the 2015 by sales. ...never again. I'm gonna to demand specs in writing next CC I own, or probably just a pickup with bed delete. 52k on the CC, but I'm more concerned on my 30K utility body. I need a truck that can haul it around loads with tools and parts b so no can make money. I figures this new Ford and all th hype would satisfy my power needs. I can only pray that I don't have to bring this CC back to the dealer each month with issues. I'll just hope to lemon law it if the turbo grenades 3 time. My buddy is a dales manager at a BMW dealer and they have had lemon laced vehicles because a light bulb burnt out three times......he said yo get a vehicle lemon laws is a joke. He is ur prized he doesn't have many more.

I won't buy a ford for personal use, I need reliability, function and Japanese engineers! . Lol JK

Last edited:

Nytefog

Reaction score
At least DP tuning and SCT are working on a 2015 CC tuning strategies. Thank god for truck guru's. Anything can be modified to work better....just takes different minds, determination and demand!

92f350cc

Reaction score
The reason, IMO why the C&C trucks are detuned is because fleet managers don't give a **** how fast they can pull a 15k 5'er up Eisenhower Pass. Or more specifically, they don't need their reckless employees who don't pay for the truck to try that ****.

The Big 3 aren't throwing more power into their trucks so that they can tow loads. They could already do that. They're throwing more power into it because consumers want fast trucks. But contractors and fleets care more about reliability and economy than racing.

You really should have done more research. Ford did not lie to you.

Also, your first mistake was relying on a salesman for technical information. That's just asking for problems.

Nytefog

Reaction score
The reason, IMO why the C&C trucks are detuned is because fleet managers don't give a **** how fast they can pull a 15k 5'er up Eisenhower Pass. Or more specifically, they don't need their reckless employees who don't pay for the truck to try that ****.

The Big 3 aren't throwing more power into their trucks so that they can tow loads. They could already do that. They're throwing more power into it because consumers want fast trucks. But contractors and fleets care more about reliability and economy than racing.

You really should have done more research. Ford did not lie to you.

Also, your first mistake was relying on a salesman for technical information. That's just asking for problems.

Only issue is that the CC have more problems than the superduty engines, especially the turbos failing! Most Owens beat on their vehciles more than company employees. Ford even had tracking software available to monitor driving habits, and alerts when speeds or rapid deceleration is detected. Almost all respectable and responsible service companies monitor their fleets, and at minimum have gps tracking software on fleet vehicles. Ford doesnt detuned the CC engines because of who might be pilotIng the machine, but because of emission reading due to it being considered a" incomplete vehicle" so the constant load isn't know like that of a pickup bed vs dump or utility body weight. When these engines are "detuned" because different type of dynos are used because they use the most extreme situation the vehicle could be used for. Unfortunately, torque is very portent when towing or carrying heavy payloads so power is of great importance! Payload is has a direxct relationship with the power available to move it and the infrastructure to support it. I was indeed lied to according to the definition of the word. When I was told to wait for the 2015 because of a better engine updates which is false because 2011-2015 CC 6.7 Diesel engines remain unchanged. I'm glad to know that fleet sale managers have less knowledge then the vehicle owners. I personally would be extremely embarrassed if a customer knew how to fix their equipment and knew more information about it thee! The part about being a professional is that you are at the top of the game and posses superior knowledge to that of just a product user.

You are right for believing the fleet sales mangers knowledge of the products they are expected to be completely competent about. Funny part is that I called ford directly to just get engine specs, and certain parts, that come with my model vehicle and they can't answer my questions. They tells to talk to the fleet ales manager and service techs at the dealer for
The beer information!?!? The manufacturer of the vehicle can't answer my questions which is just amazing. Them I'm told to go to ford owners . Com for more info. I did check our this site and registered. Funny thing is my vehicl model doesn't even show up correctly but as a superduty f350 and has no more info then came in the globe box of the truck... I learned my lesson not to trust car dealers...even if you buy 100k in fleet trucks a year, not including ain't costs..

I didn't want to get into a argument just specific information on the engine in my vehicle who I can not get information from any manufactuer related sources and the manufacturer themselves. I now understand why the country is on a downward spiral. Most people don't have pride in their work and don't go above or beyond what the nessicar minimum requirements needed to he by. As long as they get paid that's all they seem to care about. I also have a feeling the fleet guys don't make as much money so they spend less time with customers like me. Perhaps this is why US automobile technology and quality has also dropped compared to the Japanese who have very different moraa, personal pride, and not accept taking shortcuts. It just saddens me... I can only hope this truck makes it 10 years.

sootie

Reaction score
Only issue is that the CC have more problems than the superduty engines, especially the turbos failing! Most Owens beat on their vehciles more than company employees. Ford even had tracking software available to monitor driving habits, and alerts when speeds or rapid deceleration is detected. Almost all respectable and responsible service companies monitor their fleets, and at minimum have gps tracking software on fleet vehicles. Ford doesnt detuned the CC engines because of who might be pilotIng the machine, but because of emission reading due to it being considered a" incomplete vehicle" so the constant load isn't know like that of a pickup bed vs dump or utility body weight. When these engines are "detuned" because different type of dynos are used because they use the most extreme situation the vehicle could be used for. Unfortunately, torque is very portent when towing or carrying heavy payloads so power is of great importance! Payload is has a direxct relationship with the power available to move it and the infrastructure to support it. I was indeed lied to according to the definition of the word. When I was told to wait for the 2015 because of a better engine updates which is false because 2011-2015 CC 6.7 Diesel engines remain unchanged. I'm glad to know that fleet sale managers have less knowledge then the vehicle owners. I personally would be extremely embarrassed if a customer knew how to fix their equipment and knew more information about it thee! The part about being a professional is that you are at the top of the game and posses superior knowledge to that of just a product user.

You are right for believing the fleet sales mangers knowledge of the products they are expected to be completely competent about. Funny part is that I called ford directly to just get engine specs, and certain parts, that come with my model vehicle and they can't answer my questions. They tells to talk to the fleet ales manager and service techs at the dealer for
The beer information!?!? The manufacturer of the vehicle can't answer my questions which is just amazing. Them I'm told to go to ford owners . Com for more info. I did check our this site and registered. Funny thing is my vehicl model doesn't even show up correctly but as a superduty f350 and has no more info then came in the globe box of the truck... I learned my lesson not to trust car dealers...even if you buy 100k in fleet trucks a year, not including ain't costs..

I didn't want to get into a argument just specific information on the engine in my vehicle who I can not get information from any manufactuer related sources and the manufacturer themselves. I now understand why the country is on a downward spiral. Most people don't have pride in their work and don't go above or beyond what the nessicar minimum requirements needed to he by. As long as they get paid that's all they seem to care about. I also have a feeling the fleet guys don't make as much money so they spend less time with customers like me. Perhaps this is why US automobile technology and quality has also dropped compared to the Japanese who have very different moraa, personal pride, and not accept taking shortcuts. It just saddens me... I can only hope this truck makes it 10 years.

ouch! spaces and punctuation go a along way. oh and proofreading helps too...

i wish i could call up the Ford service techs and get the beer information from them-that would be sweet!

92f350cc

Reaction score
You're correct that the dealers and the reps at the manufacturer should know about the product.

But there's a huge disconnect between what should be and what is. It's generally accepted knowledge that car salesman don't know jack **** about the products they're selling(there are a few exceptions). You can continue to trust them and get pissed when you get burned, or you can learn to be more skeptical and research before buying.

Nytefog

Reaction score
ouch! spaces and punctuation go a along way. oh and proofreading helps too...

i wish i could call up the Ford service techs and get the beer information from them-that would be sweet!

I absolutely Can't type on these iphone small touch screens.... I have just given up. If it can be understood I couldn't careless if it is considered Ebonics. Once I get on a keyboards ill whip out any type of document with out the tap of the backspace key once...(unlike trying to fix every other f**ing word I attempt to input on this touch screen input device.) I thought this was a ford powerstroke forum? I didn't realiZed that grammar was even a consideration. I'll have to get my proof reading buddy to check my post between driving to jobs. I apologIzes for my lack of effort put towards my posts. I wish I had the time to keep up on all these threads. Now those looking through the archives in the future for answer will have to sift through all this back and forth BS. I'm just an
Uneducated hillbilly! Burnin' diesel and playing with my powerstroke!

Nytefog

Reaction score
You're correct that the dealers and the reps at the manufacturer should know about the product.

But there's a huge disconnect between what should be and what is. It's generally accepted knowledge that car salesman don't know jack **** about the products they're selling(there are a few exceptions). You can continue to trust them and get pissed when you get burned, or you can learn to be more skeptical and research before buying.

I indeed learned my lesson! It only takes one mistake for me to learn. I don't need three strikes to get it right. First time purchasing a Ford with only knowledge of of previous years and problems, but I took a chance at trusting this Large dealer that had all the standard factory awards on the wall. I know now why consumer protection and fraud laws exist. I only every believed that money hungry, lazy, get rich quick type people filed law suits on unsuspecting victims. I now understand why some do have merit and are not frivolous in any
which way. I won't be one to ever take it that far for this type of situation, since I do blame myself on some level, for not getting the specific info in writing.... but a negative review and a call to the corporate office will be enough to satisfy me. I believe it will also give this sales manager some extra work to do. His future sales may be monitored and perhaps he might even learn about the products that he sells as well. Wouldn't that be something? Their are thosee who may unknowingly sacrifice their trust but in the future others will be aware of what type of person they are dealing with.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I absolutely Can't type on these iphone small touch screens.... I have just given up. If it can be understood I couldn't careless if it is considered Ebonics. Once I get on a keyboards ill whip out any type of document with out the tap of the backspace key once...(unlike trying to fix every other f**ing word I attempt to input on this touch screen input device.) I thought this was a ford powerstroke forum? I didn't realiZed that grammar was even a consideration. I'll have to get my proof reading buddy to check my post between driving to jobs. I apologIzes for my lack of effort put towards my posts. I wish I had the time to keep up on all these threads. Now those looking through the archives in the future for answer will have to sift through all this back and forth BS. I'm just an
Uneducated hillbilly! Burnin' diesel and playing with my powerstroke!
although it can be hard to read sometimes, its not a requirement to be able to spell and have perfect punctuation.. lots of guys belive it needs to be but i say if if its to hard to understand then dont read it... im horible with spelling and punctuation and grammer and other chit too.... lol

live life full throttle

7.3powerstroke00

Reaction score
Did this guy just see Berman?

7c8be934749c5859e983268057a9d936.jpg

Nytefog

Reaction score
Oh no! Misspelled horrible!! Jesus....I guesses if no other response can be thought of.

"Retard" is a very derogatory terms to called a special needs individual. Be careful when you use that term. You never know if your customer may have a special needs child. They are more common than you might be aware of..... Almost the same as term used for African Americans by some ignorant individuals.

Last edited:

Nytefog

Reaction score
Tow specs for future trucks will be changing....

After to speaking to a very knowledgable ford fleet sales person. I was told that very soon that SAE towing procedures will be used to get real towing numbers so max numbers can be altered by manufacturers to get favorable numbers. Things are about to change...

SAE uses worst case situations with 100 degree out door temp, windows open, AC running, electronics on, ect...currently only Toyota uses this testing on their trucks. Ford and Chevy trucks are expected to see a significant drop in max towing numbers. Dodge is the only one that are expected to keep their ratings. Keep a eye out because they will be using these test for
Pickups not just chassis can models.

This is what I was told last week. I will be looking into this more.

Reaction score
After to speaking to a very knowledgable ford fleet sales person. I was told that very soon that SAE towing procedures will be used to get real towing numbers so max numbers can be altered by manufacturers to get favorable numbers. Things are about to change...

SAE uses worst case situations with 100 degree out door temp, windows open, AC running, electronics on, ect...currently only Toyota uses this testing on their trucks. Ford and Chevy trucks are expected to see a significant drop in max towing numbers. Dodge is the only one that are expected to keep their ratings. Keep a eye out because they will be using these test for

Pickups not just chassis can models.

This is what I was told last week. I will be looking into this more.

I can guarantee you that a f450 will always out tow a 1ton ram.

Spindrift

Reaction score
I understood that all manufacturers, with the exception of Nissan, adopted the SAE J2807 towing standard for the 2013 model year. Am I incorrect?

Nytefog

Reaction score
Apparently, I think they were only used for commercial incomplete vehicles. Now they will extend it to all vehicles. Especially diesel because of emission requirements.

Apparently it's being adopted by the end of this year.

Last edited:

Nytefog

Reaction score
I can guarantee you that a f450 will always out tow a 1ton ram.

I don't doubt it but with new emissions and towing testing things may change. I thing the govt is forcing the use of SAE testing standards on all vehicles towing testing.

I was told that Toyota was the only one that use SAE standards on their vehicles.

Also found out if egr's and def are modified their is a $1000 fine that can be given to those who have made the mods for on road use vehicles.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online