New 6.0 Owner from TN

w3bb3r04

Reaction score
Hey guys Im RJ from just outside of Knoxville, TN. Just picked up my first diesel, a 2007 F250 6.0. 182,000 mile daily driver. Now has 189,000. When I purchased it, it had an MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust with no cat or muffler which I love. I have since added an SCT X3 with a Looney Fuel tune from Quick Tricks, a Scangauge II, smoked cab lights, and a leveling kit which I put on today. I kind of made my own kit since I wasn't happy with all the others offered. Something seemed to be left on the table or price point was above what I was looking for. I purchased 2" lower coil mount spacers and a Pro Comp drop track bar bracket. I also plan on upgrading the shocks to Billstein 5100's from stock. With the billsteins I will still have less than $500 in the whole set up. I will be ordering 20x10 Hostile Havoc (all black, no machined edges) wheels with 35x12.5 Toyo MT's this week to be installed on the truck. Future plans include Harley headlights, A1 Auto 08+ style mirrors, a 20" LED light to replace the lower fogs, and possibly wrapped color-matched bumpers.
Here are some before and after pics of the truck without the lights and leveling kit and after.
IMAG0388_zpsktffupag.jpg

IMAG0387_zps2gkrll4n.jpg

IMAG0571_zpsywsw6k7r.jpg

IMAG0573_zpsbpomzcrh.jpg

Here Is my other pride and joy. 2005 Mustang GT with a built motor and a 67mm Turbo on E85. I built the entire car myself including the motor. I plan on getting a trailer within the next year so I can haul the car around.
IMAG0480_zpsl3nkfzvd.jpg

IMAG0481_zpswqg5rlbn.jpg

My wifes Mach 1 to the right.
IMAG0557_zps0pqeb0j7.jpg

IMAG0469_zpswd52gch0.jpg

IMG_1720-2_zps7963d2d3.jpg

Any mod suggestions to the truck would be appreciated. I think Im going to be replacing an injector or 2 soon due to cold start up being rough but Id like to eventually stud and delete it. Of course I would be doing it all myself!:D

w3bb3r04

Reaction score
Welcome

Nice truck and car.

Thank you!

Welcome.
check ficm voltage before jumping into replacing injectors.

I checked with the Scanguage. The FICM Voltage never goes below 47.5. I guess Im going to have to get a contribution test done at the dealership unfortunately. Hopefully they don't charge more than an hours worth of labor.

Radioflyer

Reaction score
Welcome to PSA! Hot damn I love turbo'd stangs..even though I drive a F-body for now...anyways..welcome!

nchappy

Reaction score
Maybe try some rev-x for the rough cold start??
It can't hurt...
Last year one of our 6.0's developed a cold start injector problem and two bottles of that stuff cleared it up.

w3bb3r04

Reaction score
Anybody going to Rudy's Diesel Truck Jam in October?

Welcome! I live north of Nashville in Portland, TN.

Thanks man!

Welcome to PSA! Hot damn I love turbo'd stangs..even though I drive a F-body for now...anyways..welcome!

welcome. Good looking truck and badass mustang!

Thank you! I definitely enjoy both of them!

Maybe try some rev-x for the rough cold start??
It can't hurt...
Last year one of our 6.0's developed a cold start injector problem and two bottles of that stuff cleared it up.

I did try some Archoil. I got the complimentary oil change at the dealership and it got worse. So I then changed over to 5w40 Rotella Synthetic with the Archoil 9100. It got a lot better but is still isnt flawless when cold start and initial drive. I may still try some Rev-X but then again, Im not sure if it will have a different effect or not.

Better get that thing bulletproofed ...

Welcome from winchester. Good looking rides. Bulletproof that thing and enjoy it.

I pulled up an Oasis report on the truck before buying and no 6.0 issues whatsoever showed up in the report. When I do the bulletproofing how important is the front mount oil cooler? Im currently seeing 6-8 degree deltas and just wondered how a coolant filter would do with the head studs and bulletproof EGR cooler and a new oil cooler? Isnt the casting sand the reason the oil coolers get blocked in the first place?

w3bb3r04

Reaction score
Welcome! Nice rides! Hope you get the injectors lined out.
Thanks! I'll probably get a contribution test done soon so I'll know what I'm looking at.
Welcome from West Knoxville.:welcome:
Thanks! I'm actually from Clinton but most people don't know where that's at lol
Welcome to the site.
Tony
Thanks Tony! I'll be hopefully getting some 08+ mirrors from you in the near future.
Welcome!

"3 can keep a secret if 2 are dead"
Thank you!

Latest posts

Members online