New 6.0 towing set up

Swaan

Reaction score
Tuning is key in eliminating the problem area

That's not to bad really. Tuning is key in the aspect to the transmision mostly. Get it to downshift early so your not lugging the piss out of it. Fuel is fuel and if the turbo don't respond early in the rpm range you get a dead spot. Remember one thing. This is not a Vgt where tuning can close the vanes more to help make the turbo spool early. This is why I'm asking cuz its perty common on a non Vgt to be lazy down low. I'm sure those divided t4 uppipes help a ton thou.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
That's not to bad really. Tuning is key in the aspect to the transmision mostly. Get it to downshift early so your not lugging the piss out of it. Fuel is fuel and if the turbo don't respond early in the rpm range you get a dead spot. Remember one thing. This is not a Vgt where tuning can close the vanes more to help make the turbo spool early. This is why I'm asking cuz its perty common on a non Vgt to be lazy down low. I'm sure those divided t4 uppipes help a ton thou.

I'm sorry but tuning still plays a huge role in spooling a non Vgt. I've ran a ton on non vgts and some guys tunes are laggy and won't spool and others make a night and day difference. And your right that in the dead spot trans tuning is a big part but where I notice the most difference is low speed take off where the trans wouldn't take a role (stal speed would but that's not tuneable). I'm talking make the difference from not fun to drive to a blast to drive, On a larger charger where spool up makes all the difference.

Swaan

Reaction score
I'm sorry but tuning still plays a huge role in spooling a non Vgt. I've ran a ton on non vgts and some guys tunes are laggy and won't spool and others make a night and day difference. And your right that in the dead spot trans tuning is a big part but where I notice the most difference is low speed take off where the trans wouldn't take a role (stal speed would but that's not tuneable). I'm talking make the difference from not fun to drive to a blast to drive, On a larger charger where spool up makes all the difference.

Okay so with a non Vgt who's tuning was the best for making the charger come alive the quickest.

Just trying to get my facts together cuz this is the route I will be taking in the near future.

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Okay so with a non Vgt who's tuning was the best for making the charger come alive the quickest.

Just trying to get my facts together cuz this is the route I will be taking in the near future.

im running gearhead tunes on my 66, spools real nice

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

Swaan

Reaction score
im running gearhead tunes on my 66, spools real nice

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

I'm running Matt's tuning right now too. He got my powermax to respond great also. I've been really happy with his tuning and if I go with the 62fmw I'm sure he'd be the guy I'm going to use. Just curious about anybody else is all.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I run Matt's tunes on everything. I love they way they drive.

Not really going to say who's didnt run so good because I don't want to discourage people from trying them. They run diffrent on everyone's trucks so the best way to find out is to just start trying them.

bboteler

Reaction score
sorry, no i mean i am not running a rr. my 175's seem happy with my stock fuel system, I do have 6.4 banjos and a blue spring i can maintain 72psi on gearheads SRL+.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Oh got yeah. Yeah I think it will be fine the stock nozzles will limit spool up time alittle but I don't think It would be very much. Just have to play with tuning more.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
This truck isnt a highway tow truck. its spends its life under 15mph off road. the 62FMW was doing great we just had this turbo here for it so Im trying it out to see if off road driving and response improves.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.