NEW 6.4/6.0 Manifolds just in!!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
This is a no load dyno, inertia only! The Dynojet is only capable of a 4,000lb load so we can't maintain the boost level in that RPM Range.
As far as the 'dip' goes, we will figure that out!

is this on stock turbo's ?

There should really be no issue with boost on a properly tuned set up... ask dockboy...

Wonder what the dip is from, it kinda throws off the findings of the manifolds

Reaction score
Manifolds

Yes, this truck has stock turbo's with 110 hp nozzles. We've had this dyno for 12 years, trying to figure out the dip. What's important is looking at the graph before that and the gain.

Reaction score
is this on stock turbo's ?

There should really be no issue with boost on a properly tuned set up... ask dockboy...

Wonder what the dip is from, it kinda throws off the findings of the manifolds

There is no issues with boost. And its properly tuned.
Try revving your engine to redline in neutral, doesn't make boost right? That's because there isn't any load on the engine. Same principle applies with ALL dynos. The more load the higher boost and power you'll get. Even a loaded dyno can not simulate what happens on the track so those results are even skewed.

Take the results for what they are worth.

RESULT: THE MANIFOLDS WORK VERY WELL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Try revving your engine to redline in neutral, doesn't make boost right? That's because there isn't any load on the engine. Same principle applies with ALL dynos. The more load the higher boost and power you'll get. Even a loaded dyno can not simulate what happens on the track so those results are even skewed.

I have no issues with boost on the dyno even with big compounds. Just because your a couple psi short from what you see on the street doesn't mean anything really....

The graphs to me just don't prove anything with that big dip and all the crazieness. Should be making peak power at 3000 rpm and your already falling off power. Its not intended to be offensive to you or the manifolds but the information isn't that great IMHO. Looking at two of the graphs the power is actually lower with the manifolds above 3000 rpm which is where most trucks rrun above during a race shift at 3500 and rpms fall to 2700 ish ... sure they look like they are making a good bit of power in the lower to mid range. Which is great for towing but that drop in.power above 3000 isn't a selling point to a guy like me

I'm not going to further derail but I have to.call things like I.see it at times.

Last edited:

KEM Performance

Reaction score
I have no issues with boost on the dyno even with big compounds. Just because your a couple psi short from what you see on the street doesn't mean anything really....

The graphs to me just don't prove anything with that big dip and all the crazieness. Should be making peak power at 3000 rpm and your already falling off power. Its not intended to be offensive to you or the manifolds but the information isn't that great IMHO. Looking at two of the graphs the power is actually lower with the manifolds above 3000 rpm which is where most trucks rrun above during a race shift at 3500 and rpms fall to 2700 ish ... sure they look like they are making a good bit of power in the lower to mid range. Which is great for towing but that drop in.power above 3000 isn't a selling point to a guy like me

I'm not going to further derail but I have to.call things like I.see it at times.

Looking over all of the data collected during the runs on the unloaded dyno, max boost on the run was just shy of 32 PSI at 2300 to 2500, 21PSI at 3000 RPM, and fell off from there. I can say for sure that on the street it is over 40PSI, does not drop off, and it pulls stronger than it did before. Since the dyno was not an eddy current dyno and we could not load it, we will see lower numbers, especially at higher RPM. The next test will be when the track opens!
:tree:

Mike

Reaction score

What dyno do you run on?

We aren't offended. The data is to show the difference NOT the peak. We knew that from the start. As far as the drop off, it isn't useful to keep it mashed to redline if the data is dropping off because of load so that will account for the ending numbers. I can confidently claim the gains are all the way although you pointed to the graphs as non useful and I will concede that some of the data gathered isn't all that helpful and could be better under other conditions, this is what we have for now.

Overall we achieved very useful data to help use make specific claims and design criteria to move forward with production and bringing them to market.

We will have more numbers and loaded dyno graphs and data when the final versions are ready.

In 1999 when we installed this dyno there wasn't a bunch of options available nor was the diesel market even in it's infancy so we have worked on dyno techniques for diesels for years and I could show you hundreds of diesel runs and all of them show a 'drop' at higher rpm ranges that isn't there in reality on the street.

BTW.I don't think it's a derail because others may have the same thoughts or questions. It affords us an opportunity to answer all questions and maybe other's misconceptions of the data.

As you can probably agree there a many different opinions and understandings of dynamometer testing.

I am happy to keep this discussing going but lets also keep the manifolds in mind!! In other words, these represent an VERY significant investment in time and money for initial design and we worked a VERY long time on these so we aren't about to put out a sub par product after this long. Our goal is to bring a unique product to market that give a very good horsepower to cost ratio. We were shooting for 100 ft/lb of torque and with the results we achieved on our dyno we feel when testing on loaded dyno it will eclipse that number.

Thanks for bring it up, Tom

:ford:

jdgleason

Reaction score
Yes, this truck has stock turbo's with 110 hp nozzles. We've had this dyno for 12 years, trying to figure out the dip. What's important is looking at the graph before that and the gain.
Its pretty obvious what the "dip" in the graph is, and I dont believe its an issue with the dyno or the truck... Power falls off sooner with those manifolds. I agree that they work and they make awesome peak power numbers. I would be very interested in seeing what those manifolds would do on a truck thats runs out to say 5,000 rpms. It would seem that there would be more exhaust flow out at those rpms, making these manifolds even more useful. Thats what didn't make sense to me, so I pointed it out.

Theres no way to take the results for anything more or less than that.... they are overlayed on a graph of stock manifolds. I compared the two, and just noticed that power started to drop off and then the run ended. Im not arguing that they dont make a ton more peak power, but I'm not convinced that track times are going to reflect this gain. Again, awesome product and sweet that a manifold makes numbers like that.

As you know, theres a lot of guys that run out to 4k at the track, so they run 90% of the track above 3300 rpm. It'd be sweet to see a compareson on a truck that runs higher rpm.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Always on Dynojet inertia set ups the one local is a 224 smaller drum same load factor of 4000 lbs

Fwiw dynojets are kinda considered the gold standard as far as dynos go. Nothing wrong with it. If anything put a brake on it and it will be fine.... but I personly don't see the need

Thanks for being open and honest about all the info... and posting info... too much bark without a bite these days going around.

steedspeed

Reaction score
Hey all!

Everything will be clear the moment Sean drops the hammer on his 6.0 That truck is going to come out of the hole like a rocket and rev to the moon.

Dockboy

Reaction score
Same principle applies with ALL dynos. The more load the higher boost and power you'll get.

You don't know what you are talking about:fustrate:

More boost DOES NOT mean more power. If you can't tune and adjust components for power on a Dynojet because you are worried about boost...you have no business tuning:poke:

All load dynos due is mask bad tuning and bad setups.

I make 1000 hp on a Dynojet with 20 psi less boost than at the track. But my times and speeds verify that it does make that 1000 hp.

steedspeed

Reaction score
You don't know what you are talking about:fustrate:

More boost DOES NOT mean more power. If you can't tune and adjust components for power on a Dynojet because you are worried about boost...you have no business tuning:poke:

All load dynos due is mask bad tuning and bad setups.

I make 1000 hp on a Dynojet with 20 psi less boost than at the track. But my times and speeds verify that it does make that 1000 hp.

More boot = more torque. What are your times at the track? These manifolds will most likely pick up a second on your ET. I'd lay money on it actually!

Last edited:

Latest posts