New 6.4L Programming release

JDub

Reaction score
Loaded up the tunes this afternoon. Trying the Xtreme Street with delayed lock-up. See how that goes...

JDub

Reaction score
keep us up to date

Haven't really pushed it hard, but it makes WAY more boost/drive pressure than my previous tuning. The wastegate needed major adjusting, started blowing open much earlier than before.

Trans stuff seems to be working nice...

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Loaded up the tunes this afternoon. Trying the Xtreme Street with delayed lock-up. See how that goes...

Just FYI. I got an email from Eric and he told me that the delay lock would work on the Mild if the tranny was good. I didnt ask about the X-Street.
He also said that he would run the firmer with stock lock on anything above the normal street. Reason was the shifting is not as firm in the delay lock.

JDub

Reaction score
Ran the Xtreme Mild 300 tune with delayed shifting for an entire tank, 90% freeway commuting to work this week. Fuel mileage seems to be consistent with me previous Hot Damn tune in the H&S. The Innovative tune doesn't smoke as much on take-off. Power feels about the same, bake pressure appears to be a bit higher, my wastegate required a little adjusting.

Haven't tried the 285 or 325 tunes...

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I have not got to run a full tank on that tune, had a tow a few times.
I love that combo though.
The best mileage I got in my dually was with the X-Street and firmer shift and stock lock, before Eric did the update.
I am going out of town this coming weekend and might take the dually on the mild tune and see if it is the same.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Ran the Xtreme-Mild tune with the firmer and stock lock this weekend. Drove 340-350 range. About 50 miles of it was in town or foothills and some playing.
Used just over a half of a tank, about 21 gallons or so that puts me 16 range. Not too bad for a 10,000#+ truck. I think the Xtreme-Street gets a little better but the mild is much more street friendly for me.
I like this set up, next time I might load the later lock and see. I am in OD with the TC locked a 35, which is comical.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Been driiving around a lot with Mild and later lock. It is a great daily set up. I think I am going to attempt to tow the fiver on it. Since tuning and I have never really floored the truck towing, 3/4's or down. I did that yesterday unloaded over a long steep grade starting at 40, which is when it shifts into OD and held it at 3/4's till about 80. EGT's did not go above 1050. With the not touchy pedal and low EGT's I think this tune might tow really well also.

JDub

Reaction score
I towed 12,000lbs from Salt Lake City to Denver and back two weekends ago. Ran the 215 Street tune the whole trip, truck ran great. PLenty of power on every mtn pass with absolutely no EGT issues. Ran 75-80mph even on the 6% grades. It's by far my favorite overall tune.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback!

Since SCT has currently discontinued Off Road tuning, a lot of our dealers stocked up with our devices. For those looking for Off Road tuning, we have quite a few dealers with both our base and high power tuners in stock.

For retail ships and dealers, you can purchase IDP 6.4L tuners from Premier WD. For individual buyers, our stocking dealers have inventory or you can contact [email protected](stocking dealer) direct for your order.

Thanks.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Eric.
This sucks. If you have an idea, what are your go forward plans if you can post?
If you cant I understand.

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Eric.
This sucks. If you have an idea, what are your go forward plans if you can post?
If you cant I understand.

There's a ton of inventory out there, we can definitely hook you up with one of our stocking dealers. Just email or call us for info.

3brorce

Reaction score
I towed 12,000lbs from Salt Lake City to Denver and back two weekends ago. Ran the 215 Street tune the whole trip, truck ran great. PLenty of power on every mtn pass with absolutely no EGT issues. Ran 75-80mph even on the 6% grades. It's by far my favorite overall tune.

Which trans setting did you run while towing with the street tune? did it downshift much or unlock the torque converter? Cruise on? I was hoping to try this tune out towing about 10 thousand pounds and was hoping it would not downshift going up grades. Thanks

3brorce

Reaction score
Never got an answer to this. What trans setting are you guys towing with? I would like for the torque converter to stay locked going up hills and not have to worry about a down shift. I would like for it to torque through the hill and was wondering which setting would do that if possible?

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Never got an answer to this. What trans setting are you guys towing with? I would like for the torque converter to stay locked going up hills and not have to worry about a down shift. I would like for it to torque through the hill and was wondering which setting would do that if possible?

Have you emailed Eric?