new 6oh owner

bakerc167

Reaction score
just bought the 04 in my sig an the check engine light is on the code is P0402, i pulled the egr valve cleaned it, 30 miles down the road the light came back on o i did some more research an is the afe intake causing the light to come on? I have a 30 day warranty from the dealership i bought it from they are going to check it out but i was just wondering if i should see if they can get me a stock air intake? any info would be appreciated.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If it has a delete the previous owner probably unmarried the tuner & kept it.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Hope up and look and see if you see an egr cooler.

If its there it needs to be deleted it replaced with a upgraded model.

Last edited:

bakerc167

Reaction score
That's what I thought cause the maf is plugged in but I read on other forums people having cel with aftermarket intakes

Atsah

Reaction score
That's what I thought cause the maf is plugged in but I read on other forums people having cel with aftermarket intakes

P0402 should have nothing to do with your intake.. I like the stock intake FWIW.. Sounds like your EGR valve is sticking.. Delete the cooler if possible, if not hold it to the iron several times a week and add Ford Cetane performance boost to your fuel to keep it as clean and functioning as well as it can function..

bakerc167

Reaction score
Alright, im taking it back to the dealer tomorrow so they can look at it. when i sell some of the 7.3 parts i have im gonna start putting it towards this truck.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.