warranty from Ford. Seems they go out about every two years like
any other battery I have tried. First set was replaced for free, this set isnt
at the 48 month mark of the 65 month prorated warranty. Will have to see
what the prorated cost is.

Anyone know of a good brand? I heard that O'Reilies top brand is a
good battery just want opinions.

TyCorr

Reaction score
It doesnt matter. Mine crap out every 2-2.5 years also. In fact I just got new ones Monday. Got some in 10/10 and then in oct of 13...got new ones this week. They sure did last better when i used the truck regularly

dmd

Reaction score
OK.. I will see if I get a good prorated price on these and get NAPA golds next time
or if they want to charge me close to full price for the warranty ones.

joe d

Reaction score
I bought my truck 6 years ago batterys have never been changed ill look at what brand they are and report back trucks drove everyday and also used to plow so batterys have been worked also run a 12k warn winch off of them..
Never had any issue even at 0 outside.

dmd

Reaction score
Batteries were prorated at $60 each so I took the offer. Next time they will be at the
end of the warrenty so will try the Napa gold.

With the motocrafts I have had 3 sets of batteries (this is the third) second set
was replaced for free after 2 years.

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
Im sure there expensive but I have some Les Schwab batteries in my truck. Been in there since 2010. About 50K miles on them. Im at the point if I dont drive it for a week its a hard start. But with every day driving it starts just fine.

TyCorr

Reaction score
None of them last if its parked most of the time. I had a battery tender and it still didnt work. They take an ok charge but they just wont come back up.

The diehard platinum in my old lincoln and our van was badass but i dont care to drop 7 or 800 dollars on batteries

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Was reading this and just had to go look at my batteries.it's been that long I couldn't even remember what brand they were.they are autocraft gold with a 4/10 date code,but I did notice last winter a time or two it did seem to crank a little slower.no problems in 6 years(knock on wood)I can't complain.i have a question,do y'all rotate your batteries from driver to passenger side ever so often?I never have but I noticed I need to clean post and connectrs so probally will.any thoughts?

sqrlgtr

Reaction score
Probaly ain't but i may ust swap them any way figured I would ill them out and clean off anyways.pretty scrungy looking.
sqrlgtr

TyCorr

Reaction score
You dont have to remove them to clean them. Baking soda. Brush it around. Add a bit of water. Scrub. Rinse.

Spray xr10 or rust frog on it.

Jomax

Reaction score
None of them last if its parked most of the time. I had a battery tender and it still didnt work. They take an ok charge but they just wont come back up.

The diehard platinum in my old lincoln and our van was badass but i dont care to drop 7 or 800 dollars on batteries

Die hard lost the contract with Odessey. So they are now crap IMO.

You. An find odesseys cheaper if you look for sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
I "borrowed" a set of odysseys from work (coast guard) that they replaced with optimas because the odysseys were 3 yrs old..... the odysseys outlasted the optimas and are still in my brothers truck. They have to be 7yrs old now.

I didn't steal them but we're technically not allowed to go dumpster diving.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Tactically acquired.
I'll probably grab some blems from interstate when mine go. They're mismatched and both at least 5 years old.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Haven't heard of people having good luck with interstate lately either. My buddies uncle bought two new interstates 2 years ago and drove around with them as a daily driver. Last summer his truck ended up needing a bunch of engine work done and he just didn't have the cash. He disconnected them and left them in the truck. This spring they didn't have enough juice to turn lights on in the truck no less turn it over. He had another truck that sat for 3 years with ever starts in it, those fired the truck right up and took a charge.

My diehard platinums are awesome. Bought them when they were a relabeled odyssey a couple of years ago. They were all of $400 for 2 batteries but I've never had an issue with them. Even starting in the dead of winter just holding the key with no glow plugs or block heater. Just held the key till it started. Let it sit for a week and a half last week and it fired right up, not weak or anything. Love them. My vote is for a set of odyssey batteries.

Latest posts

Members online