New BD turbo setup

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Seen these this week and these seem to be pretty darn nice for the buck. I know there are LOTS of vendors on here selling BD products and what I like about them is that you can get them really quickly 95% of the time. There is no waiting for months on end for your turbo setup and such which drives people nuts including myself. Imagine what this industry would be like if you could just call and get any parts that you would need and have them to your door step in a few days even if you did have to pay a little more for them. From what I hear, BD has some really big things coming up for the industry. Glad to see another option.

http://www.dieselperformance.com/index.php/product/index/302

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Seen these this week and these seem to be pretty darn nice for the buck. I know there are LOTS of vendors on here selling BD products and what I like about them is that you can get them really quickly 95% of the time. There is no waiting for months on end for your turbo setup and such which drives people nuts including myself. Imagine what this industry would be like if you could just call and get any parts that you would need and have them to your door step in a few days even if you did have to pay a little more for them. From what I hear, BD has some really big things coming up for the industry. Glad to see another option.

http://www.dieselperformance.com/index.php/product/index/302

I have been a BD distributor since 2005 and honestly it's an awesome thought but BD stocking stuff has dropped substantially over the years. It used to be you could order and it was always in stock but now many times they cannot give us a delivery date and we wait weeks or even months for product. I truly believe it's just the nature of our economy and the product demand, other big companies like Aeromotive aren't stocking stuff either, they have components but everything is built to order.

eastern

Reaction score
Just installed them on my 08 last Monday. Long story short pulling the cab to replace. Broke shaft. WTF. Hope they didn't **** anything else up. Sure inter cooler is shot.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I know that BD will take care of you with the turbos as they stand behind their stuff pretty well. I know someone with two sets of turbos for testing right now and they are MUCH larger than these as well. Hope you have better luck with the next set bud.

eastern

Reaction score
I am sure they will take care of it. Drove truck all week and loved them. Just sucks I am sure there is other damage as well as having to lift cab again. Ordering an intercooler as we'll pretty sure that's junk.

Reaction score
I haven't looked. But how cheap are these?

Because it would take a lot to beat the 72/59 billet charger setup we sell @ $2748 with a proven track record from a reputable company and site sponsor.

Not being an ass, just wondering what the allure to them was?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Morgan these are 58.5/73 with both chargers getting billet wheels. They are sold by vendors for $2750. Its just another option out there for the 6.4l guys and I know that BD is sold widespread by lots of vendors on here.

As far as how they compare and such to what is out currently, I have no idea. I personally have never tested them but think its nice to have another option.

eastern

Reaction score
IMG_20140809_185831_098.jpg

Pretty sure there is metal in the intercooler.

eastern

Reaction score
Truck has been deleted since spring 08. Head studs, egr delete, running spartans 310 tune since they came out, Full built suncoast tranny.